Raise wa Tanin ga Ii - Vol. 9 Ch. 38 - 18 Years Old

O-OKAY, first i DIDNT EXPECT THAT, but i also didnt expect the comment to be not negative lol, second HE IS SO HOT IM SORRY,in my defence he is unconscious but its realllyyyy verrry dangerous, im a bit uncomfortable but horny too😭 whats wrong with me. AND AND, I KNOW HE WONT DO THAT IF HE REALLY AWAKE, BUT BUT 😭😭

so, why was he relieved? if he had a condom he would have fucked her while unconscious and he doesn’t want that? or is it cause he wants her to cuck him or some weird s&m stuff like that? or maybe he knows he can’t lay a finger on her before a hypothetical marriage?
I think yeah, the first reason. Yoshino is very precious to him and he wont do ANYTHING that might hurt her and make her hate/scared him, anything like that.. i hope.. its true :"

Fed-Kun's army
Im so glad i didnt open this update to read in class LOL thanks 4 the updateeee<3

Dex-chan lover
she doesn’t know what a rubber is? at the very least she should be able to tell that he’s insinuating something sexual based on what just happened. that scene makes her look not just innocent but rather dumb. i guess this was for the sake of comedy but i’m getting a bit tired of Yoshino the shy blushing ingénue.

that said, interesting chapter 😳

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
O-OKAY, first i DIDNT EXPECT THAT, but i also didnt expect the comment to be not negative lol, second HE IS SO HOT IM SORRY,in my defence he is unconscious but its realllyyyy verrry dangerous, im a bit uncomfortable but horny too😭 whats wrong with me. AND AND, I KNOW HE WONT DO THAT IF HE REALLY AWAKE, BUT BUT 😭😭
I am the exact same way LOL. “Uncomfortable and horny” is a good summary of how I feel about this chapter.
Like dear that is 100% NOT ok but the scenes are also so hot..

Dex-chan lover
Well that was quite unexpected, but as weird as that was, it was beautifully drawn and kinda hot.
The second part of the chapter was quite fun and cute, which made things even weirder.
But hey, Kirishima blushing at what he did was cute as fuck.
I now wonder how and when will she learn about rubbers.
Thanks for the chapter!

This wasn’t super clear to me either! I think he was lamenting the idea of having no memory of going all the way if it had happened. He wasn't conscious for this particular first experience between them, but at least he’ll be conscious for the next ones (hopefully).

Because he mentioned the rubber though, I also think he might also be imagining a scenario where it did happen, so he can enjoy torturing himself. Why else bring it up? Once again, he’s terrible to the core😅
He did apologize to her (right after the blush)

Double-page supporter
WOAAHMYGOD THANK YOU WOW!?
interesting move following the erotic hand massage 🤔 i previously thought that scene went so hard in part because of limits on how sexually graphic the manga could be otherwise but i guess it was pure big konishi brain.
also a big reminder that yoshino is beyond sheltered, she has never had peers she's friendly enough to talk to/overhear about this kind of thing. i'm glad her eyes were saved from the expanse of the internet!!
on the subject of "necessary scenes" i'll be honest some of you better take your sensitive ass back to SHOUJO

she doesn’t know what a rubber is? at the very least she should be able to tell that he’s insinuating something sexual based on what just happened. that scene makes her look not just innocent but rather dumb. i guess this was for the sake of comedy but i’m getting a bit tired of Yoshino the shy blushing ingénue.

that said, interesting chapter 😳
Although I agree that it seems dumb from a western POV, I think (based on the TL note) that it’s the word he used. I assume they normally use the English word “rubber” and she’d understand that, but it notes that he used “gomu” which is literally rubber the material. It’s basically him translating slang into a proper word that doesn’t connect with the concept of a condom in Japanese.

The whole situation was weird. It’s dub-con, but he’s unconscious so he can’t consent either..?

Zombie Kirishima was the freakiest part IMO.

Dex-chan lover
Although I agree that it seems dumb from a western POV, I think (based on the TL note) that it’s the word he used. I assume they normally use the English word “rubber” and she’d understand that, but it notes that he used “gomu” which is literally rubber the material. It’s basically him translating slang into a proper word that doesn’t connect with the concept of a condom in Japanese.

The whole situation was weird. It’s dub-con, but he’s unconscious so he can’t consent either..?

Zombie Kirishima was the freakiest part IMO.
the TL note indeed confused me. so Kirishima used a different word? but why did he ask Yoshino “you don’t know?” as if he expected her to still understand if he said “gomu”? i feel like i’m missing something still haha

I believe that he don't wanna do this without "consciousness", y'know.
so, why was he relieved? if he had a condom he would have fucked her while unconscious and he doesn’t want that? or is it cause he wants her to cuck him or some weird s&m stuff like that? or maybe he knows he can’t lay a finger on her before a hypothetical marriage?

Fed-Kun's army
so, why was he relieved?
Character development past Chapter 6/10, basically. They have established trust, he genuinely likes her, he’s totally mortified he hurt her, etc. Plus we literally had a flashback chapter about how his sense of justice and morals got him into trouble with the playing cards and the bullying.

Based on what we’ve read so far, the only point of the NTR mentions was to show that he’s morally grey and kinda weird and just trying to freak Yoshino out (and the reader). It’s not come up or shown since, and might yet, but at this point he’s obviously moved past being that guy in some sense.

But like the entire point of reading any story is being willing to immerse yourself in someone else’s world and engage with their view of it, even if it’s disturbing or goes against what you believe, for the sake of being entertained. Totally get how people find the NTR thing distasteful but fixating on it to the point of willfully ignoring like 30 chapters of growth and insisting on making it his entire personality because it bothers you is just performative moral posturing. It’s a manga, not a relationship guide.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread