Ramia-Yana - Ch. 1.5 - ~A Hero's town~ The pigmy (part 5)

Supporter
When the Hero is worst than the Monsters >.<
At last she's effective :D

Dex-chan lover
Ah I love this. Also, what the fuck do you mean "muscle trash"? 0 taste from trash isekais.

Double-page supporter
"Muscle Trash"?
Frankly there should've be a 5 page beat down for that shit taste alone

Dex-chan lover
Hmm, so I won't mince words and I'll ask you to forgive me if I come off as rude. I once stumbled upon this when it was first uploaded, I followed and then didn't pay any mind. Come back to see the tags and I'm like "Oh no." and then the last chapter pops up and I'm like "Oh no!" then I remembered that this is User Generated. Meaning you're just as aware of these tropes as I am, so I expected the absolute destruction of the octopus monster to happen...

What I did not expect was the stomp. That casual stomp that cracked an entire mountain + the general landscape, has basically taken away any sort of sense of urgency I think I could feel in this story. I don't think I can get emotionally invested because it's pretty clear that I am reading either fantasy brand DBZ or One Punch Woman.

That's fine if you wanna go that direction, but I didn't see it coming and I don't usually have a taste for those kinds of stories. I mean doesn't that just mean whenever a fight breaks out, she can't really be involved unless she's excessively holding back? Doesn't she have to be removed from the action because she'll just end it in a second? Which means we're probably going to be following side-characters more than main characters - which means our main character becomes a background character or (in the case of OPM) a get out of jail free card.

The series has the word Chronicles so maybe you're planning to balance that out somehow? Flashbacks? Time travel? Lineage? Honestly, not sure what to expect at this point. I'll try one more chapter and see how I feel about it then but I don't really know how you can pull any tension from this series at this point on. If you can, I'll be amazed.

TGS

Group Leader
@Hitspark Without spoiling, she not broken like Saitama and there indeed will be tension. This won’t take the road of introducing new supporting characters like OPM does, either. If anything the direction will be a bit unique (the whole plot is already fully decided and won’t be mega long). Just know that the antagonists which are the main other meat of the series haven’t appeared yet.

@Exhausted You’re taking what she said a bit too seriously. it’s just that in this setting, isekai’d characters all gets the bodies of beasts or monsters and are terrible people.

Dex-chan lover
@Hitspark
" I don't really know how you can pull any tension from this series at this point on. If you can, I'll be amazed."
Jesus Christ its chapter 5 FFS can the series get some breathing room before you act ike you know better than the guy who wrote it?

Supporter
@Trippersigs22
I'm not talking about just her, but the whole "Hero's the good guy" theme :D
She do as she want, doing good, but not some "I won't make you suffer poor beast who killed and eaten thousands of humans :'( " sh*t :D

(And well... she did more or less rape the man in the village :D )

Dex-chan lover
@Trippersigs22

Didn't say anything about knowing what's better than the artist. I simply said it SEEMED like it was going in a certain direction towards a genre which wasn't my cup of tea due to how powerful the character is right off the bat. Am I not allowed to have preferences? I even assumed that there were probably ways to balance it out already planned by the author and that, if he could use an OP hero in a way that does create tension that I would indeed be impressed. Why does that bother you? It's the least offensive critique one could even give.

@TGS Ah, ok thank goodness. I'm interested to see how the art style handles combat and how combat in this world actually works.

TGS

Group Leader
@Hitspark Yeah, it was merely an introduction that more focuses on her character, you'll understand better once I introduce the important antagonists, she'll have plenty of serious action later. And of course don't just look forward to that, there will be more to it.

Dex-chan lover
@Hitspark
sure youre allowed to have your opnion and all and so am I. You don't think you're making a lot of preemptive assumptions and being overly critical for something that is technically still in its first chapter? It just seems really unfair to pass judgement this early is all im saying.

Dex-chan lover
@Trippersigs22 I made an assumption....and? It's logical to assume that threats in the series would either boil down to dragon ball z fights or one punch man fights when the mc casually shakes a continent with a single stomp. After that I asked questions about the assumption I made (like asking if her overwhelming power would mean she'd have to sit the fights out or not), and then said that if the author could find a way to pull tension from a story like that then I would be surprised (in a pleasant way, as most OP MC stories do not have tension in the slight). That was it.

You're acting like I killed the man or stabbed him in the throat or something. This is, quite frankly, one of the tamest critiques I've ever made. I'm allowed to question where a story is going and wonder how what I've been shown plays out in it. Why is that a problem? Even more to the point, the author took the time out of their busy day to respond to me and to calm my worries without being anywhere near as offended as you seem to be. I just honestly don't understand the problems you have with my comment.

Might wanna tone down the preachiness and comically acidic language, just a bit. I thought it had some potential at first, but this is feeling very fanfiction-y, in the cringey sense.

Users who are viewing this thread