Ramia-Yana - Ch. 14 - ~Invasion~ Slayers

Dex-chan lover
So how many kids did Gertrude had, and who were the lucky fellas?

Dex-chan lover
Who were the characters in the 3 panels on page 29? Pretty sure the last one is ramia herself but what about the other 2?

Dex-chan lover
I really dislike that trope where the author introduces a bunch of characters, who are allegedly stupidly strong only to kill them in the next chapter ( as I assume) to show how braindead op his villains are.
Not only that, they usually wasted a bunch of time and space explaining the backstory of each of the new supposedly strong characters just to die easily or for the overpowered protagonist to show up and show them how it's done and get admired for it, again.

Dex-chan lover
Soft body glasses-wearing demon giantess mommy 😭

Just breastfeed me ALL the tags already

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

Typos & edit suggestions: @TGS
  • p7 his exceptional accomplishments as a mercenary still doesn't do justice -> don't do justice
  • p7 demons he defeated -> demons he has defeated
  • p11 something about you remind me -> reminds me
  • p25 it was some kind of crazy sharp spider webs [singular-plural mix-up)
  • p25 an high level magic -> a high level magic
  • p25 but it has restrictions -> but the magic has restrictions
  • p26 renmants -> remnants
  • p27 used to see -> used to seeing
  • p27 battle hardened -> battle-hardened
  • p27 above an high class -> above a high class

Dex-chan lover
ok,
Without going into details, none of the notable characters introduced there will be wasted.
Thanks. I shall reserve judgment then. But it still irks me to no end when characters are too op because for me it is immersion-breaking. It makes me question how that world persisted for as long as it did when the power-balance is that lopsided.

TGS

Group Leader
ok,

Thanks. I shall reserve judgment then. But it still irks me to no end when characters are too op because for me it is immersion-breaking. It makes me question how that world persisted for as long as it did when the power-balance is that lopsided.

It’s not anywhere near as lopsided as it might seem. Perhaps if you reread earlier events, you’ll remember a number of details regarding the power balance.

For starters, this is an extremely unusual situation, they’re being taken completely by surprise deep into their lands, when normally it’s the opposite, they rely on demons being full of themselves to take the advantage. In addition, the strongest exceptional demons are normally taken care of by a wielder of an holy sword (The hero title isn’t the result of an accomplishment here). All three characters presented here are all candidates for that, but right now, they got attacked before anyone got chosen. Their joker is missing right now. To make things worse, Sharmeela & Adler were on their break so they didn’t even come with their own weapons that can withstand their stronger techniques, they might as well be bucked naked and can only take some cheap weapons from killed fodder.

Usually a demon army is made up of 4 regular high class demons and a demon lord. Demon lords in particular are basically invincible normally, but that’s when the holy sword becomes important, it can kill them. Meanwhile, high class demons can be defeated without it, though with a lot of difficulties. the balance isn’t actually bad at all for humans. Normally, that is… a number of reveals will be made about why things are different for the worse right now, combined with the multiple factors I mentioned.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread