Re:Monster - Ch. 97

Dex-chan lover
I don't mean to be a hater, but I loved this manga in the beginning, but now I can barely bother to read it. I'm not sure if it's because it's getting too complicated with his long lists of skills and combined skills and the long time between chapters or a combination of both or what it is.

Dex-chan lover
I don't mean to be a hater, but I loved this manga in the beginning, but now I can barely bother to read it. I'm not sure if it's because it's getting too complicated with his long lists of skills and combined skills and the long time between chapters or a combination of both or what it is.
This is why I'm irritated that it's getting an anime. When they introduced his harem, I think was it's death sentence because there was already a lack of characterization with the main goblin crew, so the unnecessary introduction of more "love interests", the ensuing "royalty/political drama" felt like cardboard. Atm, I'm reading this out of stubbornness and spite, cuz I'm sTo0pID.

One good aspect I just remembered was that they stated rape was wrong in the first arc, so 👍

Dex-chan lover
This is why I'm irritated that it's getting an anime. When they introduced his harem, I think was it's death sentence because there was already a lack of characterization with the main goblin crew, so the unnecessary introduction of more "love interests", the ensuing "royalty/political drama" felt like cardboard. Atm, I'm reading this out of stubbornness and spite, cuz I'm sTo0pID.

One good aspect I just remembered was that they stated rape was wrong in the first arc, so 👍
Did they? Cuz he drugged all of his current non-vampire wives non stop with aphrodisiac until they begged him to rape them or they died

Dex-chan lover
You're not alone, I was quite fond of this series from it's humble beginnings, but the rising powercreep to what we have now feels a little too munchkin-y, especially with the introduction of dungeons being extremely gamelike in how they work. I'll keep with the series still just cause it was one of my firsts of manga series i'd read in my youth.

I treat the synthesis list as an afterthought since the series is narrated like a diary so such specific details usually isn't that important until they become relevent in his battles.

Dex-chan lover
Did they? Cuz he drugged all of his current non-vampire wives non stop with aphrodisiac until they begged him to rape them or they died
Sorry but, even with my chiken pea brain i still remember that :
  • The human wifes didn't get touched and the 1 who strike first is them ( alchemist girl best girl ) the girl knight from kingdom is exception, but iirc she's not wife so... Eh.
  • the one get drugged is the elves that the dumb male elf brought to attack the cave base.
  • even at beginning mc give his mothers an option to suicide or become the breeding sows for goblin so there's also that.
Well, i recommend to refresh your memory first.

Dex-chan lover
Gotta agree with the skill-lists.
This time around, I wondered if it'd have any effect over the story...
But nope. Nada. MC did not even appear in the fight itself, so the whole prep work of combining abilities was utterly pointless.

Tho, I personally am still enjoying the story. You just can't read too deeply into it.

Dex-chan lover
Yikes, bet his wife will show up, all angry. Mama dragon is gonna be one hell of a fight. XD

Dex-chan lover
Sorry but, even with my chiken pea brain i still remember that :
  • The human wifes didn't get touched and the 1 who strike first is them ( alchemist girl best girl ) the girl knight from kingdom is exception, but iirc she's not wife so... Eh.
  • the one get drugged is the elves that the dumb male elf brought to attack the cave base.
  • even at beginning mc give his mothers an option to suicide or become the breeding sows for goblin so there's also that.
Well, i recommend to refresh your memory first.
So you agree he told them to get raped or die, that drugged and raped others, and that he stockholmed syndromed the rest. Incredible, what a morally concious series, clearly wrote those chapters for people like you.
Im glad you finally convinced me to drop this series.

So you agree he told them to get raped or die, that drugged and raped others, and that he stockholmed syndromed the rest. Incredible, what a morally concious series, clearly wrote those chapters for people like you.
Stockholm syndrome is not real. Just like much of psychology.
People can like each other. It's that simple.

Dex-chan lover
Did someone hurt you? Anyway :
  • the human wives doesn't get kidnapped or Stockholm syndrome, instead mc save them from becoming raped girl just like his mother from the hobgoblins/ senior goblin, and even save them from that said hobgolblins again and was going to return them to human city, but well... They play with mc little jr first.
  • mc and the other get attacked first by them and they become a prisoner of war. And mc is the leader of a fking goblins ( if you don't know what goblins is, it's a monster with low intelligence that usually kills human and fked the female one, more source just read some fantasy manga or goblin slayer... Nvm your mind won't last ) where he doesn't let any other goblins touch the only human girls at the time.
  • the things about mc mothers well... Their choice tbh.
I'm thinking on how the heck you realized that this manga doesn't have only butterflies on it and come this far only to drop because " rapey and stuff ", but I won't ask about it.
Happy new year and hope the wound in your mind healed overtime.

Dex-chan lover
Stockholm syndrome is not real. Just like much of psychology.
People can like each other. It's that simple.
As much that i question the other person mind, Stockholm syndrome does real to some extent, it's just depend on the circumstances and the victim emotional response.

It is unfortunate but people who dislike the format of the manga should just drop it. I'm not trying to be mean here but if you checked the novel, this is exactly how the story is written, every chapter being a diary-like day-to-day format that's why it looks so wordy. If they wanted to change things they would have to rewrite the story from the ground up in a different format so that's not possible.

Users who are viewing this thread