Re:Monster - Vol. 7 Ch. 63

I checked the wiki and the hero of darkness is female ,i was confused because she looked like a woman ,and the translation kept addressing her with "he" .

Why the heck is the Hero of Darkness referred to as a "He" when she's a woman?
Oh, right. It's LHTranslation, I shouldn't have expected it to be fully accurate and consistent.

Its funny how people say " oh he killed someone hard to root for him" or "wow what a psychopath, who reads this bs" well. Just go back reading re:zero or something. You also gotta understand that he isnt human anymore. If you want a non stop harem isekai, yea dont read this. But if you are sick of MC's being wusses and making the worst decisions ever all the time. And having a "just look no touch" harem... Yea just go watch re zero. I personally love this and i like that he just kills out of fun or just takes the women who want it. Abilities you can get out of killing ppl? Dude hell yea, go for it. Murder a whole kingdom or something.
This is what makes this manga so great imo. He's a ruthless Monster. And not a " ooh i was once a human i cant do that to my fellow humans i'd feel so bad :( imma be emo for the rest of the chapter and flirt with my harem on the next one.. But no no no, i wont ever pull my wiener out. I mean i'm still a virgin uWu" MC.

huh, he suddenly turned to a serial-killing psychopath out of nowhere... did this change came from his evolution or smth? or did the author just kinda change rou's personality and ideals?

@Prototype_Xi Might have skipped over some important text on page 17. While his five victims were partly due to his appetite for new abilities, this was more of a proactive move, as each target had a strong connection to the Nobles Faction. There's a good chance they would have been blocking his path at some point in the future anyway. Not quite the best excuse, but wasn't as simple as hunting them for sport, otherwise wouldn't he have gone for the top two finalists as well?

@Argonautilus
Nope he still the same just hungry for strong enemies due to the fact that they have strong skills he wants to gather more skills and taste excellent cuisine a.k.a. the strong Foe

Group Leader
So was it "The God Creator from Another World" or "The Creator God from Another World"?

@no168_92 Kanami is undead, so he probably needs a skill that allows him to breed with undead creatures like Vampires and Ghouls.

@fugig Yes, his Absorption power is his original ability from his "human" past life, which he used in his job as Merc/Assassin to dispose of bodies.

Dex-chan lover
"Not one could survive the morning training"
Remember that GOBLINS do this training, lol. Several of which are stuck at level 100 and can't evolve into higher forms.

@Argonautilus
Even his memories of his past self was standing on a pile of monsters and even humans he was eating just for more power. So he was already a cannibal. Honestly, becoming a monster may have mellowed him a bit.
After all. He's only eating 'enemies' so far. Every member he killed was part of the enemy noble faction against the Tomboy Princess that he is currently working for.

@fugig
I'm honestly not sure how to describe his alignment.
Even as a human he was eating other humans (he said he gained other ability user's abilities, which he can only get by eating). But he didn't go on a murder spree or anything. He only killed and ate people with bounties. So criminals who probably did terrible things, if they had a bounty high enough for Rou to go after them. There's no way he was a low level hunter, lol.
In fact, he's now a 'monster'. So it's rather normal for a monster to eat what he kills. And he's always hungry. So he isn't just killing for sport, either.

I'm not certain if he's actually evil or not. I'd currently put him at chaotic neutral, due to his amoral code.

Aggregator gang
Nothing new....

Thank you for the chapter.

I wonder if I should give the wn a try.
the updates are kinda slow in the manga.

Dex-chan lover
Could he not have simply waited? Or challenge them to duels? They obviously weren’t a threat...
Guess the only way to fight him is by being an even bigger bastard; like the bug hero.

Dex-chan lover
lol been a while since i see the scene of carnage that is Aporou's Hell Week

Dex-chan lover
@Sep10trion : He's cutting down the people the noble's faction try to recruit, which once they gain any recognition in the main event might be harder to do is my guess.

Users who are viewing this thread