Re:Monster - Vol. 8 Ch. 65

Power Uploader
@BlankHunter
oh i'm not saying anything about sniper picking up the series. it doesn't matter to me who has the series.
LH needs to focus on specific series and drop a ton of them. they need to restructure and allow others the chance to pick up series.
hoarding big name series after series doesn't help the scanlation community, it creates a barrier for other groups and funnel straight to LH.
but since LH is going to of course release the same chapter, make the redraw good and worthy of us reading the chapter over.

@Seraphus
A lot of these would be somewhat valid points, however, it is that Lame Hoarder Troupe we're talking about.
As I remember it, they're not exactly courteous when you reach out to them. And the way they just mass release manga when they get "sniped" (as in, someone releases a chapter for a manga that seems like it's been abandoned because it's been several months since the last release and there are like 5 raws out) would suggest that they have several chapters already translated, they just like sitting on them for months to milk donations. I mean, sure, you do you, but then don't go crying about it when others do what others do.

"Since there's actually money involved, the least" they could do is pay royalties to the original author. I mean, it's stolen content in the first place, you can't very well claim to have any sort of rights to make money out of it. If people want to donate to you, that's great, also possibly illegal depending on the jurisdiction, but I'm not going to judge. However, when ya start talking as if you were entitled to something... no. You're not.

Dex-chan lover
@Frozard its actually not true, we're pretty low on staff last i checked and many people are busy with RL (including me) I can promise you that we release as soon as our process is complete (sometimes a number of chapters get stuck in one stage, like proofreading or QC etc). Also LH doesnt charge money, people do sometimes donate but its not like we make any money mate, i've never seen a single cent change hands in LH

@banjomarx so out of curiosity, why are you guys picking up new series if you are pretty low on staff and busy with RL? I think quite a number of series were added recently: middle aged hero, magical swordsman, reborn as a phoenix, red ranger. Is there a reason why you guys are picking up so many series instead of catching up to the raws for the ones you are already translating?

Dex-chan lover
@xEternalSoul bruh like i said, im busy with real life issues, i'm not the one making those decisions and im not privy to why either... but generally what tends to happen is that if a translator likes a manga, and so picks it up but then has to deal with RL issues, and we get a new translator, we arent going to force them to pick up the series. Its all volunteers after all, so i mean people only work on what they want to work on, the new translator might not even like the series the old translator was working on. and they may have projects of their own they want to pursue

Dex-chan lover
@Frozard
Here's how the money thing works:

Money comes out of pockets, and goes to buy the manga (thus paying the author); then, more money comes out of pockets to pay for a TL (or not, if they work for free; some do, some don't).
The TL does the thing, and then it goes to Dex for free and Frozard gets to read it for free.... And then he claims the high ground by misunderstanding the process.

Meanwhile, some other dude does the TL while literally laughing about being a dick, and everybody getting the manga for free says "OMG why do you even care? Gimme more free things while I call you names!"

But yeah; lecture about rights, and art, and shit. That's cool.

@Wataterp As you've said, you talked to some of them, and even if they told you they are lazy, I'm sure they don't like being called that by others, specially from someone that's consuming their content for free. It's one of those cases where saying it yourself is fine but others saying it is rude. It's just common sense.

@Vahneris

Yes, that axe is actually her Demon Orb weapon, these weapons have magical properties that give them special powers, for Auro's case one of these powers allows her to use the axe like an arrow. Btw, Argento can use his spear as an arrow too, again we're talking about his Demon Orb weapon.

@Satsuo

It didn't really change per se, it's just that the MC can't choose to delay the eruption of the civil war, previously he was able to choose because the nobles were still amassing their power, but they're done with that now, so the MC doesn't get a "yes" or "no", while the "good luck" part is just like a protocol.

@Seraphus No matter how you spin it, you're not entitled to make money out of other peoples IPs. Even if you paid money to enjoy it yourself. If you get donations, good for you, but that is that. The notion that a TL should pay another TL because they did a TL the other might've been working on is absolutely ridiculous.

Double-page supporter
Logic dictates that the transl right should go to whoever got the scan. If your group bought and scan comic or the scanl gave only u permission to transl then you are allowed to monopolize the scan for your transl.

In case your group does not bought and scan, u need to ask for permission to transl from the scanl OR you bought and scan the thing yourself.

The idiotic rule of monopolizing for 3 months are just asking for abuse. U literally said u have the absolute right to transl in the entirety of the Internet just because u are doing it first?

I suggest u just bought or ask per to get a scan and transl. Currently that rule of monopoly is too arbitrary to be respected.

Just gonna go ahead and say this: LHT is not a fucking publisher, nor do they have the rights as far as I am aware to any intellectual property owned by the mangakas and publishers they scanlate from. Saying that they, and only they are allowed to translate a given piece and distribute it for free is just kinda whack. Scanlating is already legally on the dark end of an already grey area. Demanding that people pay to read or translate something you don't even own is frankly absurd. Receiving donations for your hard work so that you can continue to do so is fine (you offer a service to people after all so why not get paid), but a monopoly on something that you don't own doesn't really hold up well as an argument.

it really makes you think when a sniper rifle could translate a chapter faster than lhtranslation by a few days

Dex-chan lover
@Frozard
Do you read English? Cos I'm thinking you don't, otherwise you would understand that the GROUP pays the TL. Which I said about 5 times.
Then I said it would be polite to ask the group, since they pay money to some guy to TL, and that money is wasted when somebody snipes.

And that's literally all I said.

So I'm guessing that you don't read English.

... And that the other posts here are just fucking retards who don't bother to read at all.

Users who are viewing this thread