Re:Monster

At this point, this series is a classic. The manga is quite slow, I remember reading in WN the part of Rou's evolution after this over 5 years ago I think. I guess all isekai JP manga are just slow to update.

Dog this shit was so boring

Not even offended by this, It was just so mind numbingly boring.

Characterization/ Development in this manga is literally just reskinning and changing the name of characters.

The mc has so many abilities at this point that I 100% bet the writer just makes abilities up every fight, Oh the MC needs to travel underwater? He had an ability that negates a need for oxygen, oh he had this ability the entire manga btw, super easy, barely an inconvenience.

Oh the writer created a trio of somewhat promising characters? Let me just forget one of them entirely, and literally add a new anime girl for the MC to ra- [have totally consensual intercourse with] literally every 3 chapters or so. I'm ngl when they started to evolve I thought some of them were new characters entirely because I had no memory of half of them ever existing.

I'm a big sucker for power fantasy monster isekai. So I kept reading hoping this would be good but this somehow got less interesting every chapter. But this is not how you write a power trip story, the reactions of the world around MC are p much non existant, and the world (world building sucks) is so boring that there is nothing cool the MC can really conquer. I literally dropped this the moment I saw the world map, literally a bunch of circles (political country borders) on a fucking piece of paper, demon country? Beast country, human country? I still have no clue how the world even operates.

Anyway this is dogshit,

I think you are absolutely correct with the part about author "just makes abilities up every fight", and this is probably intentional. JP author, at least isekai author, have different conception of writing story, it's not like in the west where you have a well-planned "5 elements of plot" where you start low then peaking in climax then falling down to conclusion.

In typical JP cheat isekai story, the author start from a main theme or idea then imagine himself being the protagonist or close to it, and work out the the rest from there, be it up or down. It's more like exploration than a well pre-planned singular story.

It's like the author exploring the world from his own perspective, hence following choices that typically affected by his personality. Which is why, more often than not, JP isekai started with somewhat high intensity bang, but then fall "flat" or I rather call it "low intensity" after the main theme has been well explored in the first arc (in this case Rou's ability to eat anything and gain abilities of things he eat).

It's really is self insert in all its honesty. And as with all self insert, if you don't have cultural relation with the author, it's hard to relate with it. Which is why JP isekai for those in the west is pretty much hit or miss. The cultural gap is really too big.

If you want "high intensity" power trip isekai, I think KR manhwa or CN manhua might be better for you. JP isekai don't tend to be that "high intensity". There are serious moments, but eventually there will be many "downtime".

KR manhwa on the other hand, tend to be much more gamey (MMORPG-like), so there's a sense of a lot of grind and high intensity action chapters after chapters.

CN manhua somewhat in the middle between JP manga (more relaxed) and KR manhwa (high intensity) when it comes to action. So you could try this too maybe.

Dex-chan lover
Anime adaptation for the series has been announced.
Looks like the ones in charge of this anime adaptation are Studio Deen, their reputation ain't so great guys... I'm not sure about this.

There's already something irking me in this teaser. And it has to do with the red markings on Rou's face.
=> They're supposed to appear more intricate in their overall design yet they're anything but that !
It looks very if not too simplified in this teaser.

Fed-Kun's army
Anime adaptation for the series has been announced.
Look like it going up to when he become orge, art look really bland, animation probably not gonna be better. Sigh, this is gonna suffer the same fate as Kuro summoner, damn it. By some miracle this shit get the hellsing ultimate make over. The stupid insane amoral violence of this series could use that level of animation and art.

Fed-Kun's army
Reading the comments here, i think a lot of people going into this expecting just watching MC going from one fight to another and get turn off by the base building side. Those who continue to enjoy this, enjoy watching him building up a family and a, basically, conglomerate. Then there are those freaking the fuck out when they realize the MC is an amoral character, that doesn't get smite by karma. Chill out, understand that the world of fiction is very diverse and sometimes reflect too much of the real world, drop the series without needing to announced to the world because the world doesn't need to give you your attention. At this point, I just salute the translating team for keeping with with the madman that just smashing the craziest words together to make "abilities ".

Contributor
Its good up till like the 50th chapter. Then it gets so repetitive and boring, that "The Bold and Beautiful" looks like a diamond compared to this.

I posted a chapter for this a little while ago but its not popping up for some reason i get that it wont popup instantly but its been days at this point and im kinda confused

edit: turns out i dont have permission to upload chapter i guess but i did before??? also im not affiated with any group
edit 2: turns out i cant upload on any manga what ive been tryna do so far is upload translated raws if a group is behind on translating a manga but i guess im banned or something?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The MC is Chaotic Neutral. No matter how hard people try paint the picture he isn't truly evil/villain nor is he good. He's does good and evil for the benefit of him and his people wellbeing.

Dex-chan lover
Look like it going up to when he become orge, art look really bland, animation probably not gonna be better. Sigh, this is gonna suffer the same fate as Kuro summoner, damn it. By some miracle this shit get the hellsing ultimate make over. The stupid insane amoral violence of this series could use that level of animation and art.
I think we'll get to see his Apostle Lord form as well...

If this character concept is anything to go by. Personally, I'm not a fan. The markings should appear better than this.
At the very least, it means the series will probably last for a while. So probably more than 12/13 episodes hopefully.

Last edited:
I think we'll get to see his Apostle Lord form as well...

If this character concept is anything to go by. Personally, I'm not a fan. The markings should appear better than this.
At the very least, it means the series will probably last for a while. So probably more than 12/13 episodes hopefully.
maybe in the opening or flash futures. Anyway to answer those that think the abilities just appear out of thin air at a fight, I think the abilities are very well considered, as I have red the manga multiple times and very carefully. It could be hard to manage so many abilities if you have a weekly manga, but this comes from a WN. I imagine the document where the author manages them is legendary

Dex-chan lover
I take back what I've said before... It doesn't seem like this series will go over 12/13 episodes.
Episode 1 and 2 felt rushed ! Like seriously rushed !

By the end of episode 2, Rou is already an ogre BUT...
The death of the first women prisoners was glossed over and it wasn't specified how Rou was the one to put them out of their misery.
We did not see much of his interactions with his clan and the human women...
Nor did we see their organised raid on the Orcs and them taking over their lair.
Rou is fighting with his iconic halberd and they didn't even mention where it came from !?

I've got to say. I hope they don't rush the rest of the story.

Read this cause anime, like many here I'm sure.

Things a blood mess. Author has some interesting ideas, but rushes through everything for some reason? Its like reading a journal of a sociopath with pictures for some reason.

The anime's director and music director/composure are doing a fantastic job with his garbage however.

The MC is Chaotic Neutral. No matter how hard people try paint the picture he isn't truly evil/villain nor is he good. He's does good and evil for the benefit of him and his people wellbeing.
He brainwashes and rapes people for no reason, he helps people for no reason, he fights, for no reason, he opens stores for no reason. he's barely fleshed out enough to be a main character. it

Man, this manga is simply disgusting, with all due respect, the characters are complete idiots, especially women, those who the protagonist abuses and has the nerve to say that everything is fine as long as they ask for it, when he is drugging them and forcing them to want that. And apparently he will never change that or be punished within the work, apart from the fact that he is a total son of a bitch for no reason whatsoever since he was a Human before, including fighting against evil people, but he himself is the greatest evil that has appeared. So far in this work, seriously this work is sad, it looks like a frustrated boy who wrote this script

But that's it, my criticism is just the work, the scans that translate did their job well, great translations

forgive me for errors in English, I don't know English and I'm using Google Translate to write this

Users who are viewing this thread