[Reader] Long Strip Chapter Url Does Not Change

MD@Home
I don't think this is a duplicate thread but I could be wrong. The links below point to forum topics that are similar yet not the same.

[Mainsite] URL's LongStrip Does Not Refresh For Each Pages
[Mainstie] URL does not update when changing pages using the dropdown in the sidebar menu

The issue I'm having is the Reader's chapter url never updates for series that use the long strip format by default. This becomes an issue if I have to refresh the page for any reason since I am taken back to the chapter I started reading a particular series at [during that session]. I have tested this in Incognito/Private mode and regular mode in Firefox, Chrome, and Edge all with the same result. Even choosing the chapter from the menu option on the page results in the same thing happening if I refresh for any reason. Any series that is originally page-based does not show this behavior even if set to display in long strip format.

Contributor
Pretty sure this is working as intended mostly because webtoon/long strip titles don't have "pages". MD splits up longstrip into smaller parts only to allow people with less than good internet or potato devices the chance to read those titles.

Now is this a good user experience? Not really

NVM i misunderstood the problem.

Issue is also present for non longstrip titles as well, but is mitigated by the fact that the URL updates when you change pages (something that does not happen for longstrip titles)

Last edited:
Can confirm I have the same issue.

It just affects me more as I use the history change to re-grab the forward and back buttons so I can implement my own navigation (using my mouse horizontal scroll buttons so I can't just use the built-in keybinds).

When I disconnect from my wifi, and reload the page, it sends me back to the very first chapter and I need to keep remembering the chapter number to get back to it. I sometimes disconnect my wifi and reconnect when it's slow, so this is very annoying for me.

Wanted to fully confirm what DerpyGuy53 already said: in both Chrome and Firefox, the option for "Page URL and title won't update" when turning pages (long strip) doesn't work anymore for URLs (titles don't update, it's just URLs).

Fixed on our test site, it'll go live soon.

https://canary.mangadex.dev
I was about to complain that the history buttons don't work when I realized you're now using replaceState(), but when I tested it, it actually worked. Even on a reload in the middle of the history, you somehow keep track of what should be in the history when the browser (firefox) doesn't even know. How???

Nic

Maybe my issue is part of this problem so i will just type it here
mObile browser samsung browser long strip mode, when there some issue in page and tap to retry and sometimes 1 or some of page still not loading after i tap it or reload even after revisit the chapter

Users who are viewing this thread