Reader - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Two

Thanks For Your Hard Work!!! ♡♡♡ Can't Wait For More!! ♡♡♡ And Stay Safe!!

Hmmm...there are a lot of things in the novel that were skipped in the manhwa (as usual, sigh). Most of them were miscellaneous events though, but some things need to be noted:
1) This town "Oren" isn't exactly the town where the game really starts. It's more of a closed-dimension tutorial town with the purpose of "breaking in" the players. It's like a passageway to the Pangaea game universe. Which is why you see that NPC talking about NPCs and having knowledge that this whole thing is a "game". Think of the NPCs in this town as AI-type GMs that guide the players. NPCs outside Oren, on the other hand, "belong" in Pangaea--they don't know this is a game world and they live and act like real human beings with their own individual ego and concerns.
2) Since Oren is a tutorial town, all users get to visit it only once--at the time they started the game. Hence, Soo Hyuk (MC) will never get another chance to read all the books in Oren once he leaves it. This is important to note. You will know in the later chapters why.
3) Our MC is not your typical bookworm. When he says he enjoys reading, he meant it literally. He enjoys the "reading" as an action instead of enjoying it just because he gets to accumulate knowledge or read about great stories. He likes reading words. He actually enjoys reading class textbooks and notebooks for the sake of reading. He also enjoys reading wall-of-text advertisements common in Korean websites and flyers. He does not even mind re-reading what he already read. This is important to know. Very important, because if it doesn't get explained, some readers of this web comic might get annoyed with his obsession.

Liked the story so figured give the manga a try... This style tho is pretty terrible tho imo.. Reminds me of something from the 90s

Dex-chan lover
What happens when you replace the MC with a fat one, and instead of a desire for reading, a desire for eating?

#relatable
my brother plays be and watch YouTube on it. I wonder how it would feel reading novel in vr

This is literally leveling up by eating except with books...
https://mangadex.org/title/48217/leveling-up-by-only-eating

I see potential. Just a note, dropping 'hunger' levels should be a positive thing, not negative. I don't know what the original word is, but to me it'll make more sense if something like 'satiation' is lowering instead.

@Mapleowo, but wouldn't you want more mangas like that?? Don't know whether you meant it as a bad thing or good thing, but it's ridiculously hard to find manga's were the MC plays games and is not reincarnated in them. I can only name about 5-8 mangas/manhwas that actually have them playing games
"The Strongest Florist",
"Taming Master"
"This Village Sim NPC Could Only Be Human"
"Worn and Torn Newbie"
"I'm destined for greatness"
"The King's Avatar"
"Player Reborn"
"The Legendary Moonlight Scupltor"
It might be a lot of manga's in your eyes, but I've read through most in a couple of weeks. And that's a lot more manga's than I thought I've read about video games.

Group Leader
Yeah okay, the person hwo made this never played an MMO.
When you die, you go back to level 1 WITH A PENALTY TO STATS?!
Then what's the point?!
If you have a penalty to your level 1 stats that means that penalty stays during the whole game afterwards, at that point, might as well delete the character and make a new one lol...

I like how they're not even monster rabbits, they're just helpless normal rabbits

Users who are viewing this thread