Reader

I think the thing that irks me most is that we see all these complicated interactions between the NPCs while the MC and his friend just go around killing people without really learning more about the world around them or talking to anyone except to read quests. I know for them it's just a game, but that's a lot of backstory that could make the story interesting that's just being ignored.

And in a way, it's worse that the MC enjoys reading--speed reading? who can read several books in a few hours?--because theoretically he learns all sorts of stuff about the world, but he doesn't use or mention any of it ever.

So kind of enjoyable? But also seriously frustrating.

Unfollowed, I can bet what will happen on every other chapter: he's going to mow down enemies, read books or both

When I first found this I thought the plot sounded great as I also enjoy reading. Easily read the first 50 or so chapters no sweat, but then you begin to realize there's no struggle and its mostly just the mc killing his enemies in one shot. Sure, showing the devs every now and then adds a little mix into it but its just another manga with a poorly executed plot.

@RessuRekt yeah, but at least he didn't kill children, like those guys.. unless it was off-screen..

I also like how he sided with them, just because he got that first quest by coincidence, it's a reminder.. that's what players normally do in all games. We don't care, we just do quests.

Aggregator gang
The MC is way too OP, and it’s a big issue with this story. He hardly ever struggles even a little bit. The series is decent otherwise, though

kinda... a worse version of Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint. bland as F. it doesn't even give any excitement when i read it unlike Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint even though their original attribute is the same "Reading".

@undead028, Reader's novel came out in 2017, and Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint came out in 2019, they are nowhere near the same except for Adventure and Fantasy. When did the MC in Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint read for fun, and when did the MC in Reader read to save his real life. When was there gods in reader. Comparing this to reader is wrong, the two series are nowhere, and I mean NOWHERE near the same. They literally have different Themes. Either read or don't.

Generic bland OP fantasy but enjoyable enough. Id say the quality of the story isnt enough to be impacted by translation quality much, the fast translation is "good enough".

It's garbage, the art is bland and the writing is non existent, don't bother reading if you're looking for a good story.
On the other hand, if you enjoy reading garbage like me i 100% recommend it.

why are the devs pretty much stalking him when he's just minding his own business, let the dude read in peace

MC reads twenty books a day ( ! ) but it's got no impact on him whatsoever. It's like he's reading the list of ingredients on the back of a detergent bottle to kill time on the toilet or something. At no point does it feel like he's learned anything.

Also the dude found a pair of wings eighty chapters ago, but he didn't even try to fly a single time. I don't know what to say. autistic fruit salad riding a horse

Users who are viewing this thread