Realist Maou ni Yoru Seiiki Naki Isekai Kaikaku - Ch. 48

Dex-chan lover
flora: What creature walks on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and three legs in the evening?
koumei: it's salt
that's absolutely fucking right, it's salt.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, the classic not pretty because of dark skin, light hair color, and pointy ears. Why is there never any love for the dark elves/demons unless it directly relates to an omni-accepter MC? That said, maybe she isn't dark skinned, but like puke green? Its hard to tell since its not in color, but maybe the color is just soooo off-putting or something like a glowing neon red? Not saying that really matters in the grand scheme of things, but other than that, I have no idea what about her could be considered as ugly to the public. Though maybe her personality could be the "ugly" since she does come off as a bit egotistical with the whole "you must solve a few riddles to even be worthy of being in my sight" thing?

Dex-chan lover
If you're a land owner, you do have some responsibility towards the people. And even if it's legal, you can only screw people over so much before it bites you in the ass. Legally or not.

Maid does not approve of marriage of anyone other than herself.

Riddle of the Sphinx. That's a classic.

What's up with those pages?

I remember that beauty thing. It's a disguise to dissuade those who only looks for looks.

After all, to US, they are drawings.. so they'd look better/worse to us than to the characters...
She's intentionally drawn as particularly beautiful. It's not just generic manga cuteness or something like that.

Dex-chan lover
Wish they really expanded on the "not pretty" and "answer her test" portion between Maou and Koumei.

Just fit it between the pages where Koumei was about to storm off after saying he still loves his wife but Maou grabs and tells him "Hey look just stick around for my sake okay? Because she also claims to be not pretty and will only show herself to those who pass her test. You know why I have to see you do this." And Koumei turn around and be like :meguupog: and Maou be :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
Was going to say the same thing. The first answer is "human" a really old riddle. The answer given has nothing to do with the first riddle and I feel I heard that answer before but can't think of the riddle it's attached to.
The salt's riddle is usually accounted to story about Tokugawa Ieyasu (but they might also import it from the mainland).
"What is the best and worst tasting thing in this world?"

Tokugawa asked one of his wives, "What is the most delicious thing in the world?", and she answered salt, because even with any exotic ingredient, it will depend on how you season it with salt. And then Tokugawa asked, "Then what is the most terrible tasting thing in the world?" and she answered it's also salt, because no matter how good the food is, it became inedible with too much salt.

Checking the manga raw, the daughter actually only ask "what is the most delicious thing", and Kong Ming smiled, thinking how this is not what he expected. He probably understand the riddle, so he explained not just the most delicious, but also the worst food even before she followed up the question.

And yes, those who complained about "not pretty" should read Otong's reply which also gives context on why Astaroth thinks it have to be Kong Ming.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Oh she's black, now it makes total sense for men to reject her and people met the father with violence in the beginning of the chapter

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Oh she's black, now it makes total sense for men to reject her and people met the father with violence in the beginning of the chapter
(Since this is the internet, I have no idea if you are joking or not)

No, they met her dad with violence because he hogged all the food....
If you're a land owner, you do have some responsibility towards the people. And even if it's legal, you can only screw people over so much before it bites you in the ass. Legally or not.
True, he can still sell for a fair price. If he's hoarding the food to maximize profit when people are starving, it's wrong... plus, he can still make profit... after all, it's the price the food normally would have...
She's intentionally drawn as particularly beautiful. It's not just generic manga cuteness or something like that.
Oh, from that test thing... yah, I didn't get that reference. Thanks.

Dex-chan lover
"Four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, three legs in the evening. What is it?"
"Salt."

Okay, that went from metaphorical to metaphysical really fast.

Dex-chan lover
Either it's the obvious "she was actually beautiful all the time and this was just a test" type of scenario like how it was in the og historical story or they will try to pull the "shes actually ugly because of this tiny flaw" manga meme, if I had to guess it would be her right ear being chipped or something which for these dark elves or what ever they are means shes ugly. But probably just the first with her being actually good looking.

Dex-chan lover
This is very similar with story about how Zhuge Liang meets Huang Yueying, I won't be surprised if she is actually her reincarnation/someone based on Huang Yueying too, even in appearance because she seems dark skinned

Also if ppl says "She is pretty why ppl/her father calls her ugly"

Taken from Wikipedia
The people that complain that she's "not pretty" before your post is just ignorant.
The people that complain that she's "not pretty" after your post is just "not smart".

Dex-chan lover
When the father said that his daughter wasn't very pretty or ugly my first thought was: beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Beauty is subjective. That,
and cultural preferences. 😁

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread