Realist Maou ni Yoru Seiiki Naki Isekai Kaikaku - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
@Allexio

It's a good thing no one asked permission, then! Not like Japan complains when people start including their historical figures left, right, and center.

Fed-Kun's army
A samurai and Jeanne D’Arc as your servants, I don’t know what could go wrong!

Group Leader
@kayriel oh yeah?
When's the last time you saw a Japanese historical figure used in a western production?
thought so.

Using Jeanne d'Arc is just cringe. All the more so because she's the one they always pick simply because they know everyone knows the name.

Contributor
"Everyone? look at the end of chapter 6 - her cumming is already "prophesied"! And she has some "meat" so, why "loli"?

Dex-chan lover
I can't say I care for the historical figures aspect of this thus far, much less the fact that the ones who appeared are all over used.

Group Leader
loli saint acquired. Now we need loli dragon girl, loli explosion mage girl, loli monster girl, loli demihuman girl and then we're all set for the generic cast of any isekai.

Group Leader
@piay123 stories about one's skill in that age were either butchered or over-glorified, so whether you trust testimonies dating back to then is up to you but considering all her achievements, I guess she at least was decent enough to handle her own.

But why the obsession with Jeanne d'Arc ? Why are Japanese so obsessed with her ? Because she's a "mythic" swords-woman ? Give us a break, it's not like she was the only one, find someone else even if it has to be French, there are a few famous ones to pick from. This is getting annoying to see the same character depicted in hundreds of ways for bullshit reasons.

Dex-chan lover
@Shyning It's probably because Jeanne D'Arc is an easily recognizable female involved with battle. Like I just did a quick google search of famous female warriors and when looking at a bunch of lists that come up, if I didn't play FGO I wouldn't have recognized even half of the ones there.

Didn't expect him to meet someone from another world historical figure no less if we going that route he needs a tactician now. Other then that I approve of that brothel decision poor demon lord though maid is having none of it she want's him to herself.

Users who are viewing this thread