Realist Maou Niyoru Seiiki Naki Isekai Kaikaku - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

@Robbini Sure, is fair, i guess. Still, being so specific with the characteristics to replace Jeanne, sound like nitpicking. But, i guess we all did the same with the idea of re-used Jeanne (i wasn't the only one, come on). I mean...japannese media have elevated Jeanne d'Arc to godhold but the historical version was just a zealot girl that was used as a moral boost for a defeated army. Her best estrategy was KILL THEM. Thats why she herself and her actions are a miracle.....because she was no warrior.

But well, i'll give it a shoot. I'll defend my gals.

So, Boudica is good? Good.
Isn't the ban on firearms a little to unfair? I get your point but with that you're banning almost all pirates and conquistadores/explorers with that. Yeah, they used firearms, but most of those weapons where a one shoot only usage. Modern Era (renniscence and early colonisation period) people whould still use melee weapons. And the Shinsengumi used firearms too (if we have a Shinsengumi character in this story, i think is fair to use it as an example).

Aud the Deep Minded was just a matriarch, yes. But a viking matriarch. We know that scandinavian women, during the viking times, would know how to fight. And there are a lot of viking sagas about female leaders. Aud is just an example.

Julie d'Aubigny had a crazy life. As the daughter of a count´s steward, she had access to male education, meaning, martial education (fencing specially). Some accounts say that she was a lesbian, having an afair with a nun, but escaped prosecution with her silver tongue and popularity as an actress. Because of her obsesion with duels, she killed a lot of man and, again, was never prosecuted for that.
And Isabel la Católica is part of the Catholic Monarchs pair. While Fernando de Aragón was the frontline commander, Isabel was in the rearguard, doing logistics. Spanish historians say that she was instrumental in the catholich victory during the Spanish Reconquista. She even bring the concept of field hospital to Spain during that campaing. She was loved and respected for allies and enemies alike. The Granada Emirate didn't surrender to Fernando, the Warrior King. They surrended to Isabel.

But yeah, i undertand the point, as @BloodySorcerer said. This is about battle prowess.I think that's not the case necessarily. In "Maou-sama no Machizukuri! ~ Saikyou no Dungeon wa Kindai Toshi", they use a similar concept. Reincarnated demon lords, fighting each other for territory using summoning as the principal gimmick. But not all the MC helpers are warriors, nor the demon lords themselfs. Afterall if you are a ruler..... you have to rule. Not only conquer. And i think this MC would need someone like that eventually, a non warrior. And historicaly speaking, Jeanne d'Arc would NOT be a great ruler.
BUT, in this case, is good! Thats why i think the "Jeanne d'Arc is a demon lord" is interesting at least. If the author use the naive, zealot child of Northern France, it would be really interesting. How her kingdom works? knowing how she was in life. What cheat she received? (remember, the demon lords receives a cheat, thats why the discussion about battle prowess is meanigless, if the historical figure is a demon lord herself). Had she have to deal with intrigue? what about her relationship with God? That would be good. I reconized potential.
But, if the author is using the japannese cliche interpretation, Fate-ish, invincible battle waifu version ...... ugh...
Judging by the last panels, maybe we have a realistic version this time.... if thats the case i can resist the fact that Jeanne d'Arc is being used in manga again...
She is cursed to appear in manga and anime forever apparently....

Anyway....as a curiosity, in Chile we have a few examples of female warriors (obviusly, i didn't mention them because they aren't know elsewhere), like Inés de Suárez, the first spanish woman to arrive to Chile. Some say she was Pedro de Valdivia's lover (the expedition leader), but she lead the conquistadores like she was a commander. She even defended Santiago de Nueva Extremadura (modern Santiago de Chile) during a Native attack. With a sword in hand. And tradition says that she invented the empanadas....but is debateble (i think she just bring them to Chile from Spain and become popular with the conquistadores).

We also have Ñusta Huillac, a native princess who rebelled against spanish rule. She was ruthless with her captives. For that she was called "La Tirana" or Tyrant. She falled in love with a portuguess captive. For that she was executed by her people for treason, but was baptized as a catholic before death. We have a religious festival for that. And a town is called La Tirana in her honor.

And we also have the history of Janequeo, a female mapuche lonko (a chieftain, kinda). She wanted to avenge her husband, who was murdered by the spanish. So she launched a succesfull offensive against the spanish. But then she disappeared.

The problem with Ñusta Huillac and Janaqueo is that they might be fictional ....

We have more modern examples too, during the XIX century. And a WW2 pilot

Oh snap, I hope this is an isekai where legendary figures get to play Civ5 and make up for their regrets.
I need this to be some fate stay night shit but with nations.

Dex-chan lover
Just wanted to say despite the premise being the kind of thing I love, I dropped the LN. It gets boring rather quickly and isn't that well-written quite frankly.

Dex-chan lover
Well that's it, I'm out.
I gave it 6 chapters, but it doesn't seem like it's going to be anything but trash. Best of luck to those sicking around.

@feha meh i was trying to find some logic in the way the author designed the battle, it's not that great but hey i've seen worse . Oh yeah I can agree with your points but being too critic would just leave me with a unpleasant feeling after reading it so i try to avoid it, as long as it's not something too out of this world ( even for a demon lord) i can cope with it

@firosahoge , no, she'll die, because our demon king was sent to infiltrate others. I wonder, why goddess didn't ask Jean to accomplish the mission...

Aggregator gang
The plot twisten, not only a real life samurai but a heroine saint as well

@firosahoge That wouldn't be Yuri War of the Demon King’s Daughter, would it?

Dex-chan lover
@StarGasm https://mangadex.org/title/34785/maou-desu-onna-yuusha-no-hahaoya-to-saikon-shita-no-de-onna-yuusha-ga-giri-no-musume-ni-narimashita

I, the Demon Lord, got married to the female hero's mother making her my stepdaughter.

Users who are viewing this thread