Rebirth of the Urban Immortal Cultivator

Someone should get rid of all these Chinese click farm reviews that say its good, its their favorite, and "keep it up". no, its not a good manga and you don't like it. This manga just feels like the authors wet dream and you cant really blame him for having such a shitty wet dream, because he lives in china. There probably isn't a person in china who hasn't experienced the basic bitch corruption that you see in every chapter of this series. Every single villain and plot point was copy pasted from the first ones.

every chapter summed up:
bad guy says 'who does this nobody think he is standing here before me? guards, kill him. oh that didnt work? well just send everyone to their deaths.' good guy says 'HAHA! i was not as weak as i appeared! tricked ya! teehee!' bad guy says 'oh but this wont end here, my big daddy will get revenge'.
repeat.

someone should unmoderate my other comment seeing as i give the best comments on this website

@yung_sh4d0w I couldn't agree more. I have a feeling that these manhua audience are actually 12 years old and below. Well, it's either that or most people in China, to this day, still holding up grudges like a grade schooler. I hope someone living in China can clear this up.

To be honest this manhua is not a masterpiece, but is fun, I like to see Chen Fan kicking ass and killing bad guys like it's nothing. 5/7 will keep reading.

:thonk:
group "kissmanga" uploaded ch. 203, 45 minutes ago and then it was deleted.
what

Assuming it was some sort of mistake or a joke group or something, idk

So... I've seen this one in numerous sites that I visit to read, and I often see in the comments "gO tO YoOUTuBE" and I shit you not, I decided that was I bored enough to go. There is a GOOD translation up to 253 or something. And I found a bad translation from OCTOBER up to chapter 266 or something. Like, what gives? Why is it that here is so far behind? It is weird to read on youtube, but it is a lot more weird to have chapters from October almost 100 numbers ahead.

Group Leader
@MarceloYuri This is so far behind because people on youtube don't want their work being copied and posted to aggregator sites, and they want to be paid for their work.. which makes sense. Anyways, we're posting our translations because some people don't want to watch it on youtube (who knows?), so we post here so that a bigger audience can read it.

Fed-Kun's army
@AbyssalMonkey
I've never seen a chinese novel/manga that was different from what you've described
So maybe I haven't seen enough of them, but I've seen enough of them. The majority are like that.

The translator drama has more plot strength then this whole series 😂

I like how creative the author is at the power trip and how he somehow keeps coming up with more and more OP moves.
It's also interesting to see how Chinese people think of regional power with local thugs, educators, rich people's kids, rich people, local magistrates, local military leads and finally family groups or conglomerates. I don't think we ever think of a western family as "having power" just because they have a military in the family or are related to a general. And I've never heard of someone as having power just because they are on a company board. No one gives a shit and won't lift a finger for you lol.
I guess for us in the west people who have power and can command others outside of corrupt cops, crime groups, gangs .. would maybe by union leaders or church/cult groups or something. (people who can command others to follow them).
Anyways keep it up, my first cultivator series and it's pretty interesting.

@Scarip
Thanks for the answer, man.
I kind don't like reading on youtube. It is kind slow for me and I have to keep tapping the forward button. Anyway, thanks for the work <3

Man I tried to read on Youtube and OMG .. I fell asleep within 10min. The slow speed just melted my brain. No thanks.

Dex-chan lover
Why do Chinese titles sound so strange when translated into English? They seem oddly grandiose, with words like heavenly, immortal, ultimate, extreme, godlike, god, goddess, strongest, thousand year, but then at the same time also ambiguous. I mean, what is an "urban immortal"? Is there a big difference between an urban immortal versus a rural immortal?

Keep it up! I love this fansub! Great job! And to all you haters out there... Don't like it? Screw off! This is well done and if you don't like this then with your pickiness I can already imagine what your love life is like(or lack there of.. lol).. anyways just here to encourage the translated to not listen to the idiots. We love what you do it's just most of us are too lazy to say it. ^^

Here I was hoping for a small stack of chapters with the downtime I hope you enjoyed your break because Master Chen is unhappy with you 😛

@Nk9bjP4A
The original word used for “urban” here is basically something similar to “metropolis”, “urban” “big city” and basically are concept associated with the modern world. So it’s not against a “rural”, but rathe against the more “historical fantasy”-ish feeling of the immortal world.

Also yeah it sounds strange in English mostly because 1) a lot of these titles can be expressed in 4-7 syllables, a lot of of the words roll off the tongue really well in chinese but the fluency of it does not translate into a foreign language that’s so radically different (such as English). Also, a lot of time, they can be associated with concepts that are more figures of speech than to be taken literally, so it’s not weird to see them (ofc in the context of these stories they are literal, but ppl are so used to these concepts that it doesn’t seem weird). For example, it’s like someone saying in English “give me a second”, but they usually don’t mean a literal second. An author could choose to make it literal though. Concepts such as gods or goddesses is kinda internet/popular lingo to refer to someone who’s very talented in a certain domain and/or is being looked upon by others like an idol. “heavenly, ultimate, extreme” —- in the original version, they’re often also just expressions to signify something very big or “super”, or to say that someone is the best that no one ever was.

Translations can be awkward b/c often you are faced choosing between a faithful literal translation with a totally wrong connotation, or an awfully inaccurate translation but with totally matching connotations.

Dex-chan lover
wuw, the disciple changed a lot, I'm fine with longer hair and new clothes after months/years, after all I honestly thought she would become another forgotten character in this long stroy.
The weird part is the black hair, I'm guessing that focusing on training and letting go trends and fashion made the real form and color turn up, but is so much different.

Users who are viewing this thread