Rebuild World - Ch. 55

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, I remember now. In contrast to Alpha who takes the Hands-on approach Akira, loli Alpha moves as though a little loli devil on the shoulder whispering actions to take, not interacting with Katsuya.

Dex-chan lover
Why is katsuya suddenly seen as a big shot?
Is everyone there just a rookie?
Bc he is the antithesis of our actual MC.

Katsuya is the embodiment of a generic, Mary Sue Shonen protagonist. Everyone looks to him as a leader bc it's a generic shonen trope.
  • He being constantly surrounded by a harem at all times, generic trope.
  • Him getting an "unexplainable" power up in a life or death situation, another generic trope.
  • Rescuing a random stranger who happens to be a girl, you guessed it another generic Shonen trope
It's actually a major reason years back that I followed and still read this story today. The difference in character is so apparent thanks to how vanilla Katsuya is in this story.

Dex-chan lover
he brings down all of his friends with him.
Well, the rest are pretty much mindless drones anyway, Yumina was the only salvagable, too bad she only survives in WN, and the LN kills her off.

On the bright side, that ojou-sama girl distanced herself early, and the other Drakam kid that hated Katsuya survives his mess and later hooks up together.

Dex-chan lover
Also did you use different raws or not upscale this time? Cause the images seem a bit grainy compared to the last chapter. Last chapter images resolution was 1426x2048 but this chapter is 1114x1600.

Dex-chan lover
Why is katsuya suddenly seen as a big shot?
Is everyone there just a rookie?
Yes, they're specifically a group of rookies.

LN goes into more detail, but basically there's a power struggle within Druncam between the old and new guard. Katsuya is seen as the star of the new guard, and his handler planned this expedition to promote the young hunter. The political conflict between them is only going to get worse (and Akira somehow gets dropped in the middle of it).

Dex-chan lover
Bc he is the antithesis of our actual MC.

Katsuya is the embodiment of a generic, Mary Sue Shonen protagonist. Everyone looks to him as a leader bc it's a generic shonen trope.
  • He being constantly surrounded by a harem at all times, generic trope.
  • Him getting an "unexplainable" power up in a life or death situation, another generic trope.
  • Rescuing a random stranger who happens to be a girl, you guessed it another generic Shonen trope
It's actually a major reason years back that I followed and still read this story today. The difference in character is so apparent thanks to how vanilla Katsuya is in this story.
Tbf. Our protag is pretty similar but different in a specific way.

Our protag.

-Also got a powerup in a life or death situation

- Also helped a random girl that would fall deeply for him

-Also has girls that care for him and like him.

The biggest difference between the two is their personality traits. Katsuya is very outgoing, extroverted, and altruistic. Our protag is more self-centered and introverted. He has his moments of kindness but he isn't going to save someone unless they do something for him. And because of his upbringing makes total sense.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for tl, but man, what a waste of a chapter, I couldn't give a shit what that fucktard is doing. Wish they would've just summarized it in 3panels instead of wasting a whole chapter. Really sad

Dex-chan lover
I guess the AI helping Katsuya sucks, they're not on the same "wavelength", or a combination of both. I mean if it's Alpha she'll try to reason with the subject, giving them option while still emphasizing the best way to do things. While his AI is just straight up "Nuh uh. Not happening lil bro."

Dex-chan lover
Wait so he also had an AI with him this whole time?
Yep, but instead of co-op with the " host " she only upgrade his specs and interfere when the host in danger, he got it after the tank bots arc and awaken his upgrade power when meeting with mc for the 3rd time?

Dex-chan lover
Tbf. Our protag is pretty similar but different in a specific way.

Our protag.

-Also got a powerup in a life or death situation

- Also helped a random girl that would fall deeply for him

-Also has girls that care for him and like him.

The biggest difference between the two is their personality traits. Katsuya is very outgoing, extroverted, and altruistic. Our protag is more self-centered and introverted. He has his moments of kindness but he isn't going to save someone unless they do something for him. And because of his upbringing makes total sense.
it actually goes a little deeper than that:

because akira sees himself as weak, thats how his old world connection powers make other people view him. its why people vastly underestimate him and are constantly surprised by his strength despite his reputation at this point. katsuya meanwhile feels he is special and strong and thus people around him see him that way cause of the low yield psychic influence he has. both of them have the same gift but like you said their personalities project in different ways via that old world connection they have.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I guess the AI helping Katsuya sucks, they're not on the same "wavelength", or a combination of both. I mean if it's Alpha she'll try to reason with the subject, giving them option while still emphasizing the best way to do things. While his AI is just straight up "Nuh uh. Not happening lil bro."
the loli ai is alpha. its a small part of her that is hedging her bets and helping katsuya and akira in the event one of them isnt capable enough.

Users who are viewing this thread