Rebuild World - Ch. 55

Double-page supporter
Eh... not really. Kazuya gets his just deserts sooner rather than later. I am just sad he brings down all of his friends with him.
Not surprised. Honestly I hate his archetype. He's the type of character that causes others to be weak because they end up relying on him too much.
In a different story he'd have a weaker friend that would resent him for it and he'd take off to be the MC of his own story.

Dex-chan lover
Not surprised. Honestly I hate his archetype. He's the type of character that causes others to be weak because they end up relying on him too much.
In a different story he'd have a weaker friend that would resent him for it and he'd take off to be the MC of his own story.
well he's the typical shounen harem protagonist type
  • Suddenly awake hidden supper power through determination to save his friends
  • Being the young rising star rookie, against stuck up old men
  • Always having a bunch of harem girls around as companions
  • Saving girl in distress from some thug (remember the incident with the pickpocket a few chapters ago?)

it's kind of weird that people (me included) seem fine with it when this type of character is the MC, and hate them when they are not

Dex-chan lover
Tbf. Our protag is pretty similar but different in a specific way.

Our protag.

-Also got a powerup in a life or death situation

- Also helped a random girl that would fall deeply for him

-Also has girls that care for him and like him.

The biggest difference between the two is their personality traits. Katsuya is very outgoing, extroverted, and altruistic. Our protag is more self-centered and introverted. He has his moments of kindness but he isn't going to save someone unless they do something for him. And because of his upbringing makes total sense.
Katsuya also thinks and acts like he's god's gift to the world, while Akira constantly struggles to maintain let alone uplift himself from where he currently is, all while coolly understanding that he's nothing without his Deus Ex Machina and relying on her only inasmuch as he has to while trying to do as much of everything else on his own as he can to get the skills asked for for the eventual final mission. The girls that hang onto Akira are also doing so for their own reasonable reasons, rather than simply happening to be together with him and then proximity = harem, as with Katsuya's girls. Lastly, Akira still has his hunger, his animalistic nature of being ready to kill or be killed in any situation, born of being a slum kid on the streets; Katsuya comes across as upper crust socially, by comparison.

Dex-chan lover
Bc he is the antithesis of our actual MC.

Katsuya is the embodiment of a generic, Mary Sue Shonen protagonist. Everyone looks to him as a leader bc it's a generic shonen trope.
  • He being constantly surrounded by a harem at all times, generic trope.
  • Him getting an "unexplainable" power up in a life or death situation, another generic trope.
  • Rescuing a random stranger who happens to be a girl, you guessed it another generic Shonen trope
It's actually a major reason years back that I followed and still read this story today. The difference in character is so apparent thanks to how vanilla Katsuya is in this story.
Unlike the MC he's been partying consistently with other regular hunters and racking up street cred, so they look to him as being an upper tier (not elite) hunter.
Yeah? We have been over this 20 times already lol.
Katsuya is the generic hero type but so far we have only ever seen people tell him he aint shit and hes a rookie so this is a big change.
Yes, they're specifically a group of rookies.

LN goes into more detail, but basically there's a power struggle within Druncam between the old and new guard. Katsuya is seen as the star of the new guard, and his handler planned this expedition to promote the young hunter. The political conflict between them is only going to get worse (and Akira somehow gets dropped in the middle of it).
A real answer thanks

Double-page supporter
well he's the typical shounen harem protagonist type
  • Suddenly awake hidden supper power through determination to save his friends
  • Being the young rising star rookie, against stuck up old men
  • Always having a bunch of harem girls around as companions
  • Saving girl in distress from some thug (remember the incident with the pickpocket a few chapters ago?)

it's kind of weird that people (me included) seem fine with it when this type of character is the MC, and hate them when they are not
It's all about perspective. When he's MC he can do no
That's why there's been a rise in stories subverting the archetype. Now it's the good guys are really assholes, or the Hero is some crazy psycho obsessed with himself. Pure hearted hero are for children.
This type of character can't live in a story where they have flaws because it feels like they've been rewarded unfairly. We can't identify with that as we grow up. They're basically inhuman. If they're perfect and never touch the harem, it's okay, because they're better than us and our worldly desires.
Plus we've all gotten older. How long can we insert ourselves into someone who has NO flaws and is totally selfless?
Someone who let's the bad guy go at the end, with no punishment, despite the fact that they've raped, murdered and pillaged their way through hundreds of chapters?
Must be nice to make that judgment call with no input, I'm so glad he could get over his desire for revenge.

Group Leader
My guy, we appreciate the effort for scanlating this masterpiece, but at the cost of 10 euros per chapter via the fiverr translator, just what are you doing? I feel like it's just a shameful cash grab by taking up a very popular manga with no prior experience nor even an actual translator. I'm not saying you can't do that, but come on..

Edit: I realized it came off as a bit aggressive, I didn't mean it that way. I was just weirded out a bit by the decision.

Last edited:
My guy, we appreciate the effort for scanlating this masterpiece, but at the cost of 10 euros per chapter via the fiverr translator, just what are you doing? I feel like it's just a shameful cash grab by taking up a very popular manga with no prior experience nor even an actual translator. I'm not saying you can't do that, but come on..

Edit: I realized it came off as a bit aggressive, I didn't mean it that way. I was just weirded out a bit by the decision.
i'm curious where you get your perspective from. the man pays for a translator out of pocket, puts in the time and dedication to take care of every other aspect so we can read and enjoy these chapters in English for free, and you think it's a shameless cash grab? :oops:

Group Leader
i'm curious where you get your perspective from. the man pays for a translator out of pocket, puts in the time and dedication to take care of every other aspect so we can read and enjoy these chapters in English for free, and you think it's a shameless cash grab? :oops:
No, no, the work is there, I didn't deny it, but as with, for example, businesses (again, this is an example, don't focus on it too much), some sacrifice has to be made to enjoy the sweet reward. I was just mentioning how it feels like a cash grab, otherwise why would an inexperienced person suddenly decide to partake in scanlation and start with such a popular manga, while also making comments how they spent 10-15 euros for the 2 chapters to get it translated and plugging their paypal along with it?

Still, don't misunderstand, I still read, enjoy and appreciate it, but it just seemed weird and dishonest, so had to say something.

Dex-chan lover
I guess the AI helping Katsuya sucks, they're not on the same "wavelength", or a combination of both. I mean if it's Alpha she'll try to reason with the subject, giving them option while still emphasizing the best way to do things. While his AI is just straight up "Nuh uh. Not happening lil bro."
As mentioned in ch 42, Katsuya doesn't recognize his AI, so she can't even have a discussion with him. She can't give him option. She can only push him in a certain direction.

But damn, she's so cold.

No, no, the work is there, I didn't deny it, but as with, for example, businesses (again, this is an example, don't focus on it too much), some sacrifice has to be made to enjoy the sweet reward. I was just mentioning how it feels like a cash grab, otherwise why would an inexperienced person suddenly decide to partake in scanlation and start with such a popular manga, while also making comments how they spent 10-15 euros for the 2 chapters to get it translated and plugging their paypal along with it?

Still, don't misunderstand, I still read, enjoy and appreciate it, but it just seemed weird and dishonest, so had to say something.
Hey, I did clrd for 6 months in flame/asura and other scans, if you think i didnt "sacriface" enaugh time try a redrawing test (every big scanlation has one)
The whole chapter takes me 4-6 hours (its a hoby) if i valued my time 4€ an hour (minimal vage in my country) the chapter cost me 35€.
The reason trap scans picked Up the series is becose I payd them for the 1st translation and did clrd for free.
Allso here is scanlation process:
xybm7i.png

Hey, I did clrd for 6 months in flame/asura and other scans, if you think i didnt "sacriface" enaugh time try a redrawing test (every big scanlation has one)
The whole chapter takes me 4-6 hours (its a hoby) if i valued my time 4€ an hour (minimal vage in my country) the chapter cost me 35€.
The reason trap scans picked Up the series is becose I payd them for the 1st translation and did clrd for free.
Allso here is scanlation process:
xybm7i.png
Allso @casefc3s did realy good job with Pr/Qc took him about 1 hour.

Contributor
Looking at Yumina as a protagonist in chapters hurts, she deserves better 😭 it would be nice if the story changes somehow but I doubt that
Well, it can change.

Remember the thief girl ? In this manga, It was over after 2 chapters, and Akira didn't care about her anymore once he got his money back.

In the Wn or LN, Akira was extremely edgy and chased her forever for a long time until he killed her brutally. A lot of ppl didn't like it bcz it was too long and way too edgy, it's much better here.

Dex-chan lover
Well, it can change.

Remember the thief girl ? In this manga, It was over after 2 chapters, and Akira didn't care about her anymore once he got his money back.

In the Wn or LN, Akira was extremely edgy and chased her forever for a long time until he killed her brutally. A lot of ppl didn't like it bcz it was too long and way too edgy, it's much better here.
Ooooh true, I completely forgot about the thief that got her redemption and Akira showed autocontrol in this version, it's been so long.

You're right, hopefully that also changes for good because Yumina's such a good character so far, the only one with brain in that trio and dragging her to the graveyard for the Kirito wannabe would be a waste.

Users who are viewing this thread