Record of Ragnarok - Ch. 77 - Hero of the Abyss

Dex-chan lover
So, the reason why Hilde sides with the humans is because of her love for Siegfried?
Which hild though the Kriem one or Brun

Kriemhild is his wife Brunhild is his mistress

The reason why Seig died in the myth is Kriem told Brun she's just a second fiddle to their relationship and complained about it to her Cuck husband which resulted in most of them dying Brun did survive though and yeah Kriem also died which is why I think Seig won't be happy seeing the valkire if the author will follow the original story.

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand what they're trying to do with Ares as a character. He's not integral to the explanations, as he never knows what's going on. I originally figured he was going to be a comedic relief character, but they never change his gag up. It's just "Ares has no idea what happened", every single time without variation. I can't tell if they're building up to something or the author just doesn't know how to write comedy.
Ares is The Watson (warning, tvtropes link), a character that is supposed to be dumber than the dumbest reader. He never knows anything, forcing another character - in this case usually Hermes, the Mr. Exposition (warning tvtropes link) - to explain it for him and the readers.

You're right that he's not integral to the explanation, but without him, the author would have a much harder time finding the excuse to explain what's going on without abusing the narrator, like how JoJo's (at least the anime) often does.

Dex-chan lover
Which hild though the Kriem one or Brun

Kriemhild is his wife Brunhild is his mistress

The reason why Seig died in the myth is Kriem told Brun she's just a second fiddle to their relationship and complained about it to her Cuck husband which resulted in most of them dying Brun did survive though and yeah Kriem also died which is why I think Seig won't be happy seeing the valkire if the author will follow the original story.
Obv the Valkyrie milf mommy that has been selecting humans

Dex-chan lover
Based on what we have seen so far, I don't think the author is following anything in particular. Adamas was never a sibling of Hades, Posseidon, and Zeus, after all.

The backstories may just so happen to coincide with what happened in mythology, but they don't have to. We've seen clear evidence where they don't.

Dex-chan lover
Ares is The Watson (warning, tvtropes link), a character that is supposed to be dumber than the dumbest reader. He never knows anything, forcing another character - in this case usually Hermes, the Mr. Exposition (warning tvtropes link) - to explain it for him and the readers.

You're right that he's not integral to the explanation, but without him, the author would have a much harder time finding the excuse to explain what's going on without abusing the narrator, like how JoJo's (at least the anime) often does.
He's not a good Watson though, part of what makes Watson a good Watson is the fact he has everyman sensibilities and a strong emotional core. He allows us to view Holmes through the eyes of a regular person. He isn't just a thing to be explained at. Otherwise you might as well just explain to a brick wall. Heck, the role of explaining things to no one in particular is already played by the announcer. I don't see why Ares is here, which leads me to think something more is going on.
Based on what we have seen so far, I don't think the author is following anything in particular. Adamas was never a sibling of Hades, Posseidon, and Zeus, after all.

The backstories may just so happen to coincide with what happened in mythology, but they don't have to. We've seen clear evidence where they don't.
I don't think Adamas is meant to be the Adamas of the Iliad. He is a minor character with no real similarities. I think they just have the same name.

While they don't follow the mythologies exactly the characters are very clearly meant to be the same ones from mythology. Just because the other has changed things to fit their narrative doesn't mean they are altogether different and theorizing about future characters based on their mythologies makes sense.

Group Leader
Brunhild naming Tesla "Advance" sound weird to me, especially after hearing the other fighters' representative traits being listed off. To me "Progress" would be a better sounding word.

Too lazy to look back, but which human side fighter did Budha stole his ticket from?
The initial opponent of Bishamon has never been stated.

By the looks of things, if one human has to be benched, it's probably going to be Nostradamus, since he looks like he will have a role on the overall story.

Dex-chan lover
Looks like some of the theories were right about Seig being a reason for her to start Ragnarok

Dex-chan lover
She didn't START ragnarok, that was the gods. It is likely that she chise to side with humanity because of that. Though that too doesn't really make sense, given that he is a demigod and thus unlikely to be a target of the extermination of humans.

Dex-chan lover
I find it hilarious that Edison looks up to Tesla so much in this manga considering what he did irl.
Well to be fair, Edison DID look up to Tesla in his science. He just could not and would not deal with his insanity, which is forever and always glossed over, same with the things that he did do for him, before writing off Tesla. Everyone just goes "Edison BAD! Tesla, good."

Dex-chan lover
I'm sorry but the post-fight attempts at hyping up Tesla and how well he did just don't make up for how much of a boring nothingburger that fight was. Dude fell flat.
At least the fight wasn't drawn out excessively like some of them were. Like, "Hey, lets give you all of Shiva's backstory mid-fight, 'kay?"

Dex-chan lover
At least the fight wasn't drawn out excessively like some of them were. Like, "Hey, lets give you all of Shiva's backstory mid-fight, 'kay?"
At least I can excuse the Shiiva fight because both him and Raiden were giga chads who had cool entrances / intros and their fight was mostly a backdrop to set up Buddha, which ended up a cool pay off.

Here? Was just kinda lame, despite a cute backstory and Tesla's personality actually being pretty different from the other contestant so far. Hell, despite his super bright and accepting disposition, Beelzebub didn't even have a moment where he see Lucifer in Tesla or anything like that, we're far from the emotional intensity of Buddha or Adam's fight, let alone the intensity in the fight itself where Tesla just use random moves once while Beelzebub just steamroll through spamming.

I know Beelzebub couldn't actually have anything significant happen because he's clearly set up for the 'Outside of the fights conspiracy' plot but if they weren't going to put in the effort, might as well just have him as a non-fighter to begin with.

I don't see why Ares is here, which leads me to think something more is going on.
My guess is that Ares is gonna be the Gods's final fighter due to some Shenanigans and he'll face Goll, setting up the irony that both sides's only hope is now their weakest and most clueless member.

Users who are viewing this thread