Record of Ragnarok - Ch. 78 - The Sun God and the Rebellious Hero

Damn, I was so sure Simo Häyhä would be up against Apollo. But I guess it makes sense historically speaking.
And I don't see Apollo losing for reasons already stated, but we'll be sure to get some sweet CQC in the process.

Am I the only who thinks Apollo should've had, like 2 guys and 3 girls with with in the bath instead of only girls?
Yeah, like in Blood of Zeus.
80ae6014d9948c73-600x338.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Am I the only who thinks Apollo should've had, like 2 guys and 3 girls with with in the bath instead of only girls?
it would ruin the joke. Japanese have done it several times in different mangas.

The young and handsome popular with women man, with all the women in the audience simping over him.

Against the old/ugly not popular at all with women, with all the jealous and frustrated men in the audience cheering for him to ruin pretty boy's face.

Double-page supporter
I personally like Leonidas design, I think it will be explained why he wears camo pants, for example he 'consumed' various war tactics throughout history or something like that. And unlike Qin, Leonidas actually look like a person that fought in many battles and went through rough situations.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda weird to see Leonidas outright hating Apollo considering he was probably the third most important deity to Spartans after Athena and Artemis.

Also weird he hates the oracle at Delphi because the Spartan leadership actively consulted them before making major decisions, even before ratifying their own constitution!

Sparta was one of the most pious Greek city-states in general.

Banned
nah but why’s he in camo pants?! That shit ain’t spartan
Honestly
I think the reason why he is in camo pants is to implied that even in death he follows the development of wars. If that is what is implied then I can agree with him in camo pants.

Fed-Kun's army
Wait. Why the fuck is he Bishounen Big Boss? Why isn't he 300 Gerard Butler?? I'm kinda extremely disappointed with the design. One of the nameless Spartans is easily a better design for him. Is he gonna be pulling modern rifles and grenades out of his ass then?
And Apollo is fucking bland.

Oh I'd appreciate if you did translate the bonus stuff.
Right? Not only a really boring design, this chapter didnt have the same feeling of the other ones, we didnt even see whos pairing with him. Author decided to suddenly rush things?

Dex-chan lover
Ya'll really hating on Leonidas for wearing camo pants?

He obviously kept training and evolving with modern fighting techniques,
Just like Kojiro kept training after death.

I'm sorry to all the fanboys, but Traditional Loincloth Leonidas would get DELETED

That being said, my money's on the Greeks taking yet another L.

Dex-chan lover
Poor ares, everyone treats him like a wanker

Also,Leonidas vs Apollo? Huh

Aggregator gang
as unpredictable as this manga may be, I still think that Apollo will win this. Would kinda get boring if the Greek gods kept losing back to back, they didn’t win a single battle in this ragnarok so far (and yes, I don’t count Zeus vs Adam as an actual victory. Zeus was clearly defeated and the only reason why Adam lost was his overexhaustion)

Also, shouldn't we take into account that Buddha's defection should by all rights give the Gods an additional fighter ? I have no idea who it would be but going purely by gut feeling, I'd go with The Morrigan.

Users who are viewing this thread