Record of Ragnarok - Vol. 10 Ch. 39 - Forbidden Move (LR)

Dex-chan lover
Explaining those kind of details reminds me of old comics
I feel like this one will be a draw. Thx for the chapter

Fed-Kun's army
If my boy Shiva does not destroy this asshole I'm going to be so upset. It isn't even that Raiden is a sumo wrestler, it's that he's supposed to be one, but he doesn't fight like one anyway.

@twinklecake
Sumo is just the end result of a wrestling sport with no weight classes. Are you arguing that weight classes are more intelligent?

Fed-Kun's army
Pretty sure shiva is still gonna win. Shiva probably still hasnt shown his final form. That fire dance move is just a special attack like raidens teppou.

I wouldnt be surprised if he either regenerates his arms or sprouts more arms.

Also that flashback was kind of boring, but i am glad we got it over with in one chapter. Hopefully things get more interesting next month in the next chapter.

Next chapter:
R: Look, you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left.
S: Yes I have.
R: Look!
S: Just a flesh wound.

Yeh after 39chapters its clear only the japanese ppl are allowed to win the matches even tho adam did way better fights but no author protection

Dex-chan lover
I hope Rasputin and his 13 inch pen0r will live up to the hype.
Also looking forward to see the Buddha in action.
The sumo so far has been snoozeworthy, and Shiva is too weak.

@milkdrinker yeah, I agree. I liked him, but dude this could have been a 4 chapters fight for all I care. I think this was the longest fight so far, right? Can’t say I’m sorry for Shiva. If dude wins with just one freaking arm that will be BS. I think this will be a draw. Oh don’t forget Tesla. I’m dying to see that fight. I think Rasputin will fight Loki and Tesla Hermes

Dex-chan lover
@Chrona Because weight class is a very easy way to gain an advantage compared to building up skill (weeks vs. years) and if you have the perseverance and a good diet and regimen, the end result comes down to little more than genetics. A subpar heavyweight MMA fighter who hasn't been working on his technique half as much as he should be still has a humongous advantage over a lightweight who's actually really good at what he does, provided the weight comes from properly-built muscle, because of mass, reach, fist size, etc. which isn't surprising considering a heavyweight can weigh literally twice as much as a lightweight.

We romanticize various martial arts and artists, but the raw truth of the matter is that if Mike Tyson and Bruce Lee fought at their respective primes, Tyson would break that little man like a twig. That's not to say Lee would suck at a real fight; dude broke records with his build that are extremely implausible at his weight cless. Just not enough records to transcend the laws of physics.

If you have a friend who's much larger and muscular than you, try punching him in the torso sometime. It'll hurt your hand so much more than it hurts his chest that he probably won't even be offended.

Raiden's destructive capability makes Shiva's look like a fucking joke and I love it.

Aggregator gang
Love these back stories man, full of emotions and aspirations.

Dex-chan lover
@Kayriel I don't want escalation, that would become like a Dragon Ball fight. You completely misunderstood what I said, since it's quite the opposite what I meant.

Users who are viewing this thread