Record of Ragnarok - Vol. 11 Ch. 42 - On the Precipice

"If Raiden hadn't used that special technique sumo, he would have been absolutely crushed."
So much for not pandering to Japanese exceptionalism.

@lil_literalist well, at least this is better than drifters—almost everyone was japanese there :))

And there isn't anything inherently wrong about what the author is doing with his selection of characters. The culture they've grown with is obviously the most influental one. There are just too many great personas in the history to pick one between, and no choice will satisfy everyone. So why not go full japanese since the main and legal readerbase is from Japan anyway?

Dex-chan lover
I don't like Buddha. His design is awful. I'm already rooting against him purely on his stupid looks, without even knowing who he's up against or if he'll even fight. Regardless, Shiva is the best god. Dude took a beating like a champ and respected his foe. Glad he got such a good fight, even if it was spread out WAY too thin.

@lil_literalist I didn’t really see it as a Japanese exceptionalism thing but more like a, this dude spent his life on sumo and it is his martial art of choice, if he didn’t use sumo and instead just swung randomly, he would’ve done much worse

Shiva could probably curbstomp him if he had used anything but sumo, cause shiva is already adept at that art

Called it! Now some of the gods are reconsidering their opinions on humans. Just what on earth is Zeus up to? Now I know who he reminded me of, he's exactly like Isaac Netero from Hunter X Hunter. He may act like a goofy old man but he's way more dangerous if you're not careful, he's even more monstrous than Meruem himself when he activate the bomb.

Really an excellent Chapter too.
It was above all a pause Chapter, of those that are usually in RoR after the end of a match and before the beginning of the other, and frankly I like them a lot, especially when characters from other pantheons or other historical eras interact with each other 😍.
I loved the contrast between Shiva's family and friends celebrating and Raiden's family and friends mourning his death. Whatever the result, one of the two groups would have been destroyed, exactly as it was to be imagined 😭 sure, however, that Ares falls from the pear a little too much for my taste, it must be said 🤣 😉.
The final tribute of the sumo wrestlers is beautiful, which is as if they indirectly named Raiden Yokozuna, while fortunately the theory that he wanted Shiva would die burned by Tandava Karma turned out to be very false 😂. Also, Shiva changed his mind about Humans as I imagined, another reason why the fifth match absolutely had to win.
Nice that Brunhilde mentioned Adam, and his psychological breakdown of the moment I would say is absolutely credible, given that the Gods have brought themselves back to the head once again and now Humanity is really in danger. Goll instead behaved as usual when one of his sisters dies in the end 🤣 😉.
But ... is Buddha eating a brand of chocolate that bears his name?! Oh my, beautiful!!! 😂 The quarrel between him and Zeus for snacks is also beautiful 😂.
So Buddha will be the fighter of the Gods in the sixth round at the request of Zeus himself, very interesting… albeit man. A month ago I got it right what would happen between the Gods after the fifth round, but not the name 😭.
I predicted that one of Buddha, Loki and Bishamonten would fight for what happened during the fifth match, and also that Zeus would force him to fight, BUT ... I finally said Bishamonten and I left Buddha for second! Literally for a whisker and I guessed the fighter of the Gods 😭.
Okay, too bad. Anyway, Buddha could give us a good match in the sixth round, and considering what his powers in the Buddhist pantheon should be I'm really curious to see his fighting style 😀.
Curious at this point to find out who will be the Human who will face him in the sixth round. I always focus on Qin Shi Huang, the parallelism between the two is given that we would have the Human become God vs the Human who wanted to become God, but we'll see in the next Chapter of course...

This manga is all about one thing :
It's about honing one's skill to the very limit and beyond....
It's nothing about pandering to Japanese exceptionalism....
We should've already knew that from adam and jack the ripper's case....

This is about potential of humanity

Fed-Kun's army
Raiden isnt even the best sumo wrestler, the best sumo in history is hakuho, but he was born in mongolia so alot of japanese dont want to admit it.

Users who are viewing this thread