Record of Ragnarok - Vol. 3 Ch. 13 - Golden Age

Supporter
I wonder why I was expecting something else of course the Japanese master race are the only ones who are going to win

That ts note: Geir did nothing wrong, behead Big sister Hilde for being a beheader bully.
Oh, and that chapter does confirm that besides using a Valkyrie as a godly weapon a human fighter indeed links with her soul (and the souls of all other warriors a Valkyrie has made a contract with, thanks for the explanation, Hermes) thus increasing his powerlevel.
Funny how Poseidon looks way younger than Zeus, despite being the older brother.
I wouldn't be even mad if Kojiro wins, he looks like a fun character.

lemme guess the backstory going to say mushashi cheated or something? so thats why his here and not mushashi

Double-page supporter
Anyone knowing Fate/ would know Sasaki Kojiro.

I dunno why but for a second I expected some physicist to fight Poseidon. Imagine Edison or Tesla using Poseido water to electrocute him or something. xD

I just hope they won't give every win to Japanese characters. That would be super annoying.

Double-page supporter
Kojiro was a better swordmaster than Musashi was, legend says Musashi took advantage of Kojiro's code and requested a duel to which he arrived late, little before the tide started changing and making Kojiro face the sun. It was only thanks to these that Musashi was able to defeat him, or so the legend says. So Kojiro is the better swordmaster, but Musahsi is the better strategist.

Dex-chan lover
Seriously hope the author doesn't make 'japan' carry the team, but that seems probable.

@Reikou they probably will, kinda. of the 13 humans, 4 are Japanese. Sasaki Kojiro the samurai, Raiden Tameemon the sumo, Okita Souji the shinsengumi (fuedal police), and Sakata Kintoki, another samurai.
With them making up 1/3 of the team, and assuming the author's going for a "tied 6-6, final battle decides it all" deal, we can reasonably guess at least 2 of them will win.

@Antairan That only proves that Musashi is the better Samurai, as a Samurai should be able to battle in all conditions

Dex-chan lover
Tsubame Gaeshi intensifies.

Also whoever said the first winner for the mortals side would be a Japanese legend, sick call.

Hope he remembers to wear some shades, don't want that sun incident to happen again eh Kojiro?😋

Double-page supporter
@stroud

I didn't even mention samurai at all, plus, samurai are people who protect their lord, the land, and enforce its laws, being a better swordsmaster or strategist are both good things for samurai, but it wasn't what I was talking about, nor does that have anything to do with the duels, what good is a better samurai here? Managing people and preparing for winter or summer, protecting the land from other lords and/or bandits... seriously, where did that even come from lol?

If this guy lost it will be a surprise, not because all the ''Of course Japan walways win'' (i kinda agree with you guys but you are whinning a bit too much about it) but because this is the freaking third match, if humans lost again this will be a shit show

@Antairan It was merely a choice of words, taking a Samurai as a Japanese warrior, nothing more. Meaning that a swordmaster is good in only certain conditions, but loses in a unfavourable one, then we can hardly say that he was the better swordmaster of that fight, especially since we can't even make a theory with the baseless facts we have today

Users who are viewing this thread