Record of Ragnarok - Vol. 5 Ch. 19.1 - The Swallow Gazes Into The Abyss

Dex-chan lover
ALRIGHT !
I knew the outcome (by accdent ofc) but that was so good. The feels. Seeing his rival cry and shout for him. DAMN
It's a change of pace that I like. Finally Experience > random shonen power up

EQ

Just incredible... I need a break before going to that next chapter. Well done Kojiro

Dex-chan lover
One Thing I Learned Learned from this so far, is that if you lost both of your arms, don't even bother anymore. either get cut into quarters for get your face smashed onto a hammer

@hp_p3rson yeah it was kinda like Stardust Crusaders. Both Dio and Poseidon were cocky and assumed they had it in the bag from the beginning which led them to their defeat. I would say it's an asspull but it happens irl too so I could see how the so-called "God of Gods" could be too cocky and end up losing.

Dex-chan lover
You know for a pretty simple story this shit really knows how to get you hyped AF, EAT SHIT SEA BOY

Y'all whining about "muh nippon stronk" are little bitches. Adam's fight wouldn't have been half as emotionally affecting if he won, and Sasaki's fight would have been a huge anticlimax if he lost. Ignoring the future fights, because people commenting on this hadn't seen them, the setup is obvious-

Lu Bu, the most powerful human, tries to compete with the gods in sheer strength and is utterly overwhelmed.
Adam fights the gods with their own power and is once again defeated by the overwhelming unfairness of the gods. In dying, he inspires humanity to fight against the gods.
Sasaki Kojiro, a loser who knew he couldn't defeat the gods on their own battlefield, challenged Poseidon on his own terms, and in the process won the first duel of his life.

This shit is storytelling 101. Yeah, Sasaki is a Japanese dude. He was also the perfect character archetype to get humanity's first win- someone who wasn't going to attempt to take on the gods on their terms.

Also, "muh nakama" fuck off, y'all're just jaded. Sasaki as a character represents a man who gained everything he had from the stronger, more experienced swordsmen before him. Obviously it's gonna be "muh nakama," that's his gimmick.

Easily the worst fight until this point lol. I don't care if he is Japanese. But watching a washed up old guy win right after the Adam fight is just lame. Pretty sure this fight would have been way better if it came later in the manga.

Fed-Kun's army
well i guess it's even
Adam should've won the earlier fight if not for fate decide to fuck him over and Kotaro is hugely....outclassed here that it wouldn't be weird if he lose
still a pretty cool fight tho...hell any of the fights in this manga if it get animated by a certain studio it would trump a certain movie with the weird fanbase lol

Of course the comment section would be outraged just because he was japanese
doesnt matter if he had the experience, skill, power to completely beat poseidon
just because he's jp its immediately sht
lmao

Mangadex comments always complain about everything, so this isnt a suprise. but people here can't even grasp simple storytelling

Users who are viewing this thread