Record of Ragnarok - Vol. 8 Ch. 30 - Eternal Slumber

@punnett
its common in mangas.. Japanese authors write for their domestic audience so its expected they would present it frm their point of view. the greatest warrior from Europe is.... jack the ripper? lol. it tend to try to avoid mangas that deal with inter cultural exchange b/c they are mostly biased against western countries in some way, and it breaks the realism for me.

@miner49er It's common in any form of media, for it to vanglorize their own culture. If this bothers you people, watching american action movies must be impossible... And the choice of picking Jack wasn't about him being the greatest warrior from Europe, it was about who had the best chance against Heracles.
And saying most mangas with inter cultural exchange are biased against western countries is...honestly just not true. Young Japanese seem to really like western stuff, it's usually very popular over there. As pointed before, of course they like to toot their own horn by making japanese stuff badass as fuck, but you really must not read mangas with cultural exchange if you think most are biased against western countries.

Also, while i do get some bias for japanese warriors from this manga, i don't think it's that strong, until now Sasaki was the only Japanese featured in a main role, there's not even japanese gods appearing. Might get more prominent now with the shinsengumi appearing and all, but i'd like to see more warriors from other places and gods from different cultures as well, we got thor from germanic and the rest are all greek, zeus, poseidon and heracles.

Edit: Just read the latest chapter, and i politely withdraw what i said about not seeing too much bias XD. I still think it's fine, a japanese author representing more japanese warriors is expected really i'd like it more if he were to be more diverse and pick heroes from all over the place like Fate (but representing them more as they were+manga badassery). Featuring more known characters for his audience makes sense too. Glad to see Shiva finally fighting though

Group Leader
Thank you for the chapter!

I think it is obvious the next fighter in the human side is going to be the guy introduced at the end.

I heard about Saito and Okito being awesome with the sword but not Kondo, tho.

Can't we just throw Geir out of Heaven? She is useless to the plot and just an annoying little baby.

Aggregator gang
I know what am gonna say is not very smart nor a popular opinion in this manga I feel like jack is the victim in past I mean the world treaded him like shit than his mother which he loved then he killed people and people called him a monster but what about the people that made him that way are they human or monster like the man said he is but a human

My image of Kondo and Okita from Shinsengumi is completely different from what I see here....my version of Okita has short, blonde/white hair and is such an asshole....

Users who are viewing this thread