Record of Ragnarok

NOOOO!! ADAM IS DEAD! :'(

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Group Leader
While most representatives being from Japan can't be helped, having all the non-Japanese lose is pretty lame.

This has so far been pretty fucking good, I just really hope the author doesn't just make all the Japanese win.

@Tamed Keep your eye on them. Be sure to look at Loki's expression during the resolution, and we'll see how it goes.

Group Leader
welp, i guess thats what author is going for.....

all western champions dead and only japanese ones comes out victorious.

Dex-chan lover
It won't be just Japanese winning. I can't say that they won't have all of the Japanese win, but there are less than 7 Japanese fighters, so at least 1 non-Japanese has to win.

EDIT: Unless Humanity is going to lose.

EDIT 2: There are, in fact, only 4 Japanese fighters. So, a minimum of 3 non-Japanese fighters have to win.

EDIT 3: Unless Humanity is going to lose.

EDIT 4: I just wanted to clarify, in case it wasn't obvious, this means that @Milkshake and @Kamikoto were dead wrong. Super wrong even.

EDIT 5: Unless Humanity is going to lose.

Yeah, no, I'm dropping this.

It's pretty obvious the author is going for victory by asspulls.
That Adam fight where a superhuman still loses because "USING YOUR EYES DESTROYS THEM" is just another asspull.

If
Adam
can lose in such an unsatisfying and illogical fashion, then any hero or god can lose by slipping on a banana peel. BOO HOO, such good story telling, Poseidon loses because he picked his nose, Valkyrie uses a bad pun to distract a god and he dies of laughter. Hercules dies of aids, and Leonardo Da Vinci wins by beating a god at checkers and so on, what's the point?

Nope, can't do it. I don't like victory by asspull because that means none of the facts or details matter. The author just says they win because the author says they win, he/she doesn't want to actually put any work into details.

*edit: whoops, spoiler hiding added

I don't care what anyone says but i don't know how they are gonna top adam vs zeus, most of the other fights don't sound even half as interesting. And even if kinda cheesy you can't get much cooler than this version of adam,
as the two first fighters lost and they were the first and the strongest man it looks like he'll look for convoluted ways for humans to win the fights, and most problably sneak one or two japanese wins

Oh well, I guess here's my review: overall boring. Power level is all over the place. Asspulls all over the place. A certain fighter hyped to have the 'strongest attack'? Expect the attack become impotent in next chapter. It makes me indifferent about any hype the manga is trying to build up in one chapter, because all I have to wait is the asspull in the next chapter. At least the art isn't bad. I guess it is interesting when you're hyped about certain characters and just want to see them duking it out. Otherwise... there's little value. 5/10.

Users who are viewing this thread