Record of Ragnarok

Reading this gets my heart pumping so much!! That hope, that infinitesimal chance at victory! To see someone attempt to overcome a god! Ssssooooo gggggooooooooodddd !!! When this comes out to the states I’m buying g all of them!

Disappointed the fight just ended because "everybody is with him" thought this series wasn't gonna have that. Oh well, the fights are still ok.

man this would be an awesome anime, surprised a human won, thought this was just gonna be about humans challenging the gods and giving them enough trouble that they just changed their minds about killing them

unsurprisingly the japanese guy is the first winner lol

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

HOW THE FUCK A KILLER WITH 5 VICTIMS, LIKE HE ONLY GOBBLING HIS VICTIMS WITH HIS FETISH COULD BE ON PAR WITH A FUCKING DEMI-GOD WHOSE STRENGTH IS UNPARALLELED FOR HUMAN?

i hate how this is a straight up Japanese propaganda that their race is the most mighty shit on earth
they were like the Chinese op guy who we really hate his country is dead
then to make it feel like it wasn't racist they used Adam who is father of humanity and made him lose sure it can't be racist? wrong they did make him as much as possible like freaking pure European guy
and the first winner is of course freaking Japanese because japan is the most op race hahahaha
Jack the killer also one of those guy that japan really like because he was edgy
but overall the author decided to give japan the first win and include only characters from county he knew
like there aren't great people outside china or japan or european people

Who will win?
A demi-god who killed his own familly in a blind rage and in an attempt get redemption did 12 impossible tasks to achieve goodhood?
Or...
one murder mustache boi?

Dex-chan lover
Is this how Tesla would fight in the future? I swear I saw his name on the list.

I'm sitting here thinking that Jack the Ripper is a huge mismatch because in essence he was just a killer with medical knowledge who killed five prostitutes and got away with it, mailing pieces of their bodies to the police to taunt them. A clever killer who terrorized a town, but Heracles is the most celebrated of all Greek heroes. I mean there's no way, right?

But then if they're going to super-charge Kojirou's trait of being a loser and give him the ultimate shadow-boxing power, then how ridiculous could that actually make JtR? I mean he could effectively be an evil surgeon, and they'll probably go crazy with his melting into the fog. It might work just because it's so ridiculous.

Why isnt Sigurd son of Sigmund in this? dude literally bathed in the blood of a dragon and became technicaly immortal.

@LegoBaka

5 confirmed victims we know of before JtT vanished (and there is some historical evidence that suggests that they had been active for longer than recorded, had more victims then we know of, and potentially fled to America at some point) so they could add some of the theoretical information to boost his abilities and power.

@me474
It's a tournament style battle manga written and made by the japanese. Do you complain how there is only ever Japanese protagonists in other manga as well? Out of humanity's 13 Combatants, only 4 are Japanese. If all 4 win then you can claim there is a bias (and even then it would be expected considering where the manga is being made in)
Humanity would have lost the first two battles and won the third regardless of who the author put. It's a simple storytelling style in order to build tension and ensure the audience is actually invested in the manga and rooting for humanity to win by ensuring they actually see themselves as the underdogs against literal gods.
The humans might be from the best known countries that are common for a japanese person to study in school, but the gods are a bit more diverse or are you not going to point out how most of the pantheons being featured for the fights are Greek and Norse, the two most popular mythologies to take from? 5 of the gods in the list are Greek after all.
Either way, it's wrong to label the manga racist when so far we have had 3 battles where the only clear bias so far is that the gods are being heralded as superior to humans and a favoritism towards the Greek pantheon. If by the end the Japanese combatant secure 4 of the 7 wins needed for victory then you can say the manga is somewhat biased, but not racist.

My guess is we wont know for sure until they get down to the last of each side. Manga like this will drum up expense by making them tough and close fights so my guess is humanity is going to win this particular fight.

@Elinorcross
including only japanese people in manga set in japan is normal
but the setting in this story demand in diversity as such it would be more reasonable to make 1 great person from each country
and you realise that the gods are the bad guys that's why most of them are from greek which is a part of europa because european people are the enemy of japan
if the county who lost weren't having a bad relationship with japan i won't call it racist or if the japanese dude also lost
(and even then it would be expected considering where the manga is being made in)
and that's what propaganda is called

Users who are viewing this thread