Record of Ragnarok

Dex-chan lover
So, i'm on ch35(scanmatsu no... group), can someone tell me WHICH ONES are the HQ releases from there afterwards? (@ me)

Contributor
Can’t wait for Tesla to get a new wave of strength when he sees his favorite pigeon flying above the arena

@benkiller why do you think that? Buddhism is worshipped all over but the original person Buddha was from India: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gautama_Buddha
Though “Buddha” can also be a title for anyone who attains the Buddhist concept of enlightenment: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhahood
There’s also the Chinese budai who may or may not be a reincarnation of Buddha depending on religion, or might just be a really cool monk or a buddha(title): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budai

The fights are just too good! Graphinica better not fumble this adaption, I will be very upset if it's mid lol

Dex-chan lover
@Benkiller Are you trolling or what? I mean Journey of the west is literally a story about a china man journey to the home of Buddhism India

Read the manga today, and in my opinion, it's below average. Don't get me wrong, there were some scenes that were really good, like Adam vs Zeus but the plot is just all over the place. For example, how Poseidon chose an arena with water yet he didn't even used them, like what the fuck was the point of doing that? Just so he can arrive in the ring looking like Moses? And how did Kojiro even win against Poseidon, who one-shotted his brother: Adamas, in terms of strength? Even if he didn't use his water, he still would've won since he literally is a god. Another problem is with Zeus, why didn't he know about the Volund? Isn't he supposed to be the god that governs all of the gods? And why didn't he use his Adamas/Diamond form instantly when he went against Adam? He could've instantly won without major injuries if he'd done that.

The biggest problem for me is how they portrayed Raiden, at first he was someone who was fucking anyone who has a pulse, and now they turned him into a goody-two-shoes trying to earn money for his village, like what? And why didn't he just use his sealed moves instantly? Shouldn't he at least try to go full power because he's against a god, and losing will mean that humanity will be destroyed? Same goes for Shiva, instead of using his strongest move instantly or using his dance, he let Raiden beat him up and break his arms. Also, in chapter 41, didn't Raiden use one of his moves? Why didn't Shiva's leg break when they both hit each other?

In the first fight, why didn't Lu Bu strike his spear horizontally? And he could've dodged Thor's attack instead of blocking it. Seriously, this manga has a lot of plot holes, and little to no character development (except Jack the Ripper). The manga is good, the art style is what made me read, I really like the character designs they have, but the plot is just trash. I don't really think those can be called plot holes, so I'm sorry if I'm wrong for calling them that since English isn't my mother tongue, but the manga is enjoyable if you don't think about anything and just read, kinda like most isekais today.

F but if Humanity didn't suffer from more losses, they wouldn't be able to show all 13 fights.

One of the worsts fight for me imo, just took so fucking long and was so fucking dramatic with these long (and not that entertaining) backstories.

@aggregatedretard

You forgot the nature of the gods here.

It is the same reason why Gilgamesh lose to Shirou while there is no way in hell Shirou would win against Gilgamesh if he fights seriously.

The gods always look down on human.

They are prideful, too prideful, so prideful it has been shown since the beginning of the chapter.

They wouldn't want to go all out on a human at the first minute of course , that will hurt their pride.

Moreover Zeus and Shiva.

Shiva already show the arrogant attitude in the first few chapters, moreover Zeus the God who govern over all Gods.

Do they know those human have those potential? No they don't until lately.

All they think is that they can one shot the human, which is wrong.

So there you go. The reason why it doesn't make sense but it makes sense. The gods are arrogant beings.

Same case as Poseidon. Until Kojiro show a threatening abilities, he won't want to make the first move. Cuz he thinks no matter what Kojiro throw at him, he will be able to deal with it. Cuz it is shameful to be the first one to attack. Only the weak take the first strike advantage, that's what he thought.

you can only use “gods are arrogant” as a plot device so many times. Like how do the gods not see these humans doing crazy shit and STIILL think theyre all jobbers.

Please no one compare this to fate in anymore discussions. Gilgamesh underestimating shirou was much more believable than “puny humans me strong god”. Shirou was a baby mage with no fighting ability and not even able to do the most basic of spells aside from projection. He only beat AUO because a competent mage gave him the magic needed to open his reality marble which just so happened to be a perfect counter to GoB.
If Gilgamesh had fought a competent mage he wouldn’t have “looked down” on him for being human.
Its gross that Gilgamesh would be lumped in with that kind of a trope of “me big god, U puny mortal” when CCC established he loves humanity and hates gods.

If your reading thru the comments on the fence if you should read or not. I would say yes, but fucking hell do they drag ass with the fights. 9-11 chapters and half of them or more are back story about gods you dont care or wont want to learn about.

Also the quality dropped off a cliff from the last 3-4 chapters. (41 so far)

Users who are viewing this thread