Red Blue - Vol. 3 Ch. 29 - The Pseudo-Kenshin

Thanks for the chapter guys!
f800eb77725004a19dc24a8c188328e2.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
All Taniguchi does is try to shoot from a distance that makes takedowns super easy to defend... He doesn't even try to do anything else like getting in a clinch or getting grips on the opponents arms. So much for being a wrestler

Double-page supporter
Tanigichi is definitely one note but it would be very hard for him to clinch Haduru because Haduru's outside footwork is so good. Against Kenshin he'd have to wade into striking range to get a clinch and he was terrified of that

Dex-chan lover
All Taniguchi does is try to shoot from a distance that makes takedowns super easy to defend... He doesn't even try to do anything else like getting in a clinch or getting grips on the opponents arms. So much for being a wrestler
Yeah, wrestler writing like this always annoys me because it feels like said “Wrestler” takes a baseball bat to their fight IQ stat and/or versatility in almost every martial arts manga.

It’s only even more annoying in an MMA setting where wrestlers are supposed to be the ones who dominate or pose a real threat more often. Which really raises the question of why the reader should even care when characters like this get beat when the character only gets more pathetic with time like here? I would kill to finally get another Kunisaki Chihiro type character

Dex-chan lover
I mean, every year we have newcomers with wrestling background and credentials who don't make it in MMA. Besides, this dude's record is 7-4.

So wait, you're telling me skinny little Aoba and that giant musclebeast Tamamatsu are the same weight class?

What?

Users who are viewing this thread