RED: Living On the Edge - Vol. 19 Ch. 151 - What a Wonderful World

g_z

Contributor
What a ride. Thank you very much, Wild West Scans!

Binged the serie in 2 days, huge thanks to Kingsonte and Reishiki ! Was quite a ride.

Dex-chan lover
And thank you very much Kingsonte and Reishiki for translating this. I thoroughly enjoyed the ride, every chapter of it.
@Metal_Storm yeah, the stakes suddenly went really super high with Blue's 100 man army and taking the POTUS himself as a hostage. It was really jarring.

Thank you Wild West Scans.
Now it's time to go back to Red Dead Redemption 2

What to say, it's a shame that its official translation in my home country (Italy) was interrupted at volume 10. Would've definitely bought the full series otherwise. Considering there are loads of Italian comics set in the Far West (Tex above all else), this manga may have lost out in sales because the market was already full, but quality-wise it's up there.

Perhaps the ending wasn't too great, but I like the fact that Red still clung on to revenge with his final breath even though Blue was definitely dead. Would've liked to see Ieroh and Annie survive (I know that at least the former lived to have children), but I was moved by the scene where Ieroh's descendant tears up at seeing his ancestor's friend finally free from his cursed fate.

Double-page supporter
Orenji's great grandpa is obviously Ieroh but his great grandma is either Beniyagi (has red hair = Red+Yellow = Orange, still alive, clearly in love with Ieroh and in Japan) or Angie (American, is full American which makes Orenji's claim as 1/8 American feasible). I believe Beniyagi is the most likely candidate since most of the details minus the 1/8 blood matches and Angie is most likely dead. Either way, this was a alright ending I guess.

Aggregator gang
I always did think Annie and Ieroh had more chemistry, and they spent a lot more time together, so the two of them marrying is all fine and dandy to me. Red dying, well, that's honestly fine with me, he cheated death more than enough. Chirika surviving was great, he was my favourite character. I don't think I've ever seen a child sidekick done so well, in any medium, at least not as far as I can remember.
Well JoJo has quite a few child sidekick who are pretty good, like Hayato, Emporio in the animated parts, of course if you haven't read/watched JoJo you wouldn't know these characters.

Users who are viewing this thread