Red Storm

@11aburrido11 As a longtime fan of Vinland Saga, and someone who read this for a long time (dropped it and am considering picking it back up), I don't think they're very similar.

This is filled with magic, monsters, demons, alternate dimensions, and more. I dropped it because, after a while, it gets really confusing. It's got multiple, complex storylines overlapping and the focus is all over the place. It's really good for a while, though.

Aggregator gang
I really hope the missing chapters get filled in.
Edit: it would seem the missing chapters are on manganelos

RED STORM e PEERLESS DAD le 2 migliori opere del momento.
Queste si che dovrebbero essere adattate in anime!
Grazie per il vostro lavoro.

Double-page supporter
This series has a lot of real good parts, mainly early on, but starts turning into an unrecognizable mess at some point and only keeps getting worse.

Full disclosure: I read it until Ch. 132 before deciding to drop this story.

Overall, it's not a bad story, per se -- although the pacing is at times...challenging. However, Red Storm suffers from a sort of narrative identity crisis in that it doesn't seem to know what kind of story it wants to be, so it tries to be everything. There's mysticism, politics, war, comedy, romance, isekai, and martial arts genres all mixed in (just in the 132 chapters I've read thus far), and based on a brief search about the manhwa, it seems there's even more genres that could be attributed to it.

Even its narrative arcs appear to be drawn from a multitude of genres, all of which adds to its narrative disfunction as you sometimes end up reading a particular chapter and wondering, "but, what about those other 17 things also happening? Weren't they supposed to be super important too?"

And then there's power-scaling. The main character, presumably, is supposed to be quite strong. That's the premise of the story. And yet, his power seems to fluctuate according to the Rule of Convenience well after it is definitively established by way of important milestones -- consequently, he's incredibly powerful when it's cool, but average when it is narratively (but not logically) suitable. All of which, by Chapter 132, had me just staring in dumbfounded confusion as a man like Yulian actually struggles, after everything he's gone through, with another human being who's inferior to the only man left supposed to be capable of defeating him.

And that's not even counting Yulian's lack of agency, which, to remain spoiler-free, I will just point out that Red Storm's story appears to happen at him rather than because of him. As such, it often feels like he's just going with the flow than actually exerting agency over his own story.

However, that being said -- Red Storm's appeal is very clear. While I feel it is too disjointed for my own tastes, I can understand why it is popular. So while I personally decided to drop it, I do encourage people to at least try it out -- one's mileage may vary, after all. 😀

Im only at chapter 26 and yet the story doesn't make sense... There's event occuring we don't know when, characters who show up from nowhere (MC lost a fight against a girl but we didnt saw it, some group of warrior dealing with Monsters guess the MC wants to kill the leader? And now mc came back he has a new mother and siblings???)

Guys whats this comment at the end of chapter 387 which says "Final chapter comes in next week" ?!?!, this story needs at least another 500-1000 chapter before it really gets good, can someone tell us whats happening and why is this manga ending ?

@Ahmadi3D_Ali The main journey has always been about Yulian. The scope of the world is much larger
with the chosen ones involved who have connection to the seals. The story isn't Yulian and his boyhood dreams anymore. He's accomplished those, gone through many trials & tribulations from a young boy to a man and now being the Glow of the Desert but now it's about saving the world at any cost. That is really another story altogether.
My guess is that's why the author wants to make a spin off/sequel instead of continuing Red Storm as is.

I think this makes sense to be honest.
The story is and has always been about Yulian's growth, the unification of the desert tribes, and the completion of his goals.
It makes sense that everything else that doesn't focus around the desert primarily (unlike the education side story) would be in a side story.

Contributor
Another one in "Completed"
Good start, became somewhat meh in the middle, meh ending.
IncompleteMasculineCony-size_restricted.gif

I think the ending is very straight forward and a good book end for the MC.

Yulian has no interests beyond his family and his kingdom. He has accomplished all he set out to do from the beginning. Those who wish for more stories and adventures beyond the desert with Yulian are going to be extremely disappointed. While there can be a new MC, it wouldn't be Red Storm as we know it anymore simply because Red Storm was and always has been about Yulian. As I said previously it's been his coming-of-age story.

Users who are viewing this thread