Reincarnated as the Daughter of the Legendary Hero and the Queen of Spirits - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Group Leader
@Walter_vi_Britannia Try to think of what that name would actually sound like if pronounced by someone reading it phonetically and not that well versed in the English language.

Dex-chan lover
KazuyaKan Agielle. Umm..."A girl"? Or "A Gazelle"? Or maybe "A gale"? "A Grail"? "Aged Ale"? "Agro Elle"?(Cause she sure does agro Ellen. lol) What about "A Gel"?

...I have no idea what you're pointing at.

ah the classic make a character you want people to not like really ugly. really great story telling here

Dex-chan lover
@vexelpops To be fair, usually the unlikable female characters in her position are still pretty attractive. Making the annoying fat noble a female character, I'm drawing a blank on other examples here. I'm sure there are some, but it's way more often some middle aged male duke or some such than this, a portly princess? When I saw that fatty in the shadows going "gufu" in the previous chapter, I 100% expected some dude who heard about the daughter, or maybe the spirit mom, and wanted to exert their influence towards taking one of them.

You have encountered: A wild Pigsty Princess.
Pigsty Princess used the move: Visual Impact.. It was super effective!
Rovel got afflicted with: confusion, blindness and terror.

What the fuck is that thing
It looks like the orc that ate the Princess

Dex-chan lover
Is that amalgamation/aberration/conglomeration of a hideous being really a princess?

I can't even find the right race to describe that filth.

Calling her an orc is a big insult to the orcs, while calling her a pig would only make pigs seem invaluable.

Even the king of pigs in angry birds look a hundred times more decent than this vile entity.

Aggregator gang
She'd be more effective as a threat/rival if she was attractive
Feels like we're wasting our time

Contributor
My respect for the series dropped a couple degrees when it hath gone for "Evil romantic interest? They must be exaggeratedly FAT and UGLY, the true hallmarks of evil, and which maketh such an undesirable woman!"

Like what we really need is to reinforce the whole fat = ugly = evil thing... >_>;

Not saying evil people can't be fat and ugly (though it would be nice then to have some fat and/or ugly nice people around then too, yanno? Otherwise it slowly becomes messaging). But the caricature here is yet another thing, in level of the dumb stuff it's reinforcing.

Normally we're... at least slightly subtler and classier about our appearence-ism these days. Slow progress and all, but I wouldn't want to backslide to this shit.

@Pokari soory but most of the manga i read the vilainesses are some superhot thin bitches, them being an ugly orc for a change is quite refreshing

Users who are viewing this thread