Reincarnation no Kaben

Double-page supporter
I highly recommend this manga if you are fan of super powers and such. The art and plot improves a lot around chapter 29 too

I think this manga is just alright. It has an interesting, though not particularly original, concept and tries to keep things exciting through big twists. I'm not sure the author succeeds at this though. Ultimately, the current villain's power is one of the least interesting and cheap plot devices used in manga. In any other manga when a villain with that type of power appears you know it is going to be a shitty arc. The author relies a lot on melodrama but the so far the characters aren't really interesting or well defined enough for the melodrama to be interesting. The author also seems to have a habit of trying to make the reader sympathize with people who do shitty things by giving them an excuse. The problem is those excuses don't really stand up to scrutiny. Ultimately, I find this manga entertaining but never exceptional. Just a fun read that is disappointing as often as it is exciting.

Contributor
Just got vol 10 at home.
Kinda a weak vol, mostly because
it's focused only on Touya/Haito fight
, but still good because of
Best girl Yagyu... :'(

Now that it is over, i want to see what happen next, it should be better.

What ever happened to Touya and Haito? Not, like, romantically or anything, I just barely remember this. I feel like it's been forever since I last read it.

Hmm. It actually kinda surprised my why this series was rated rather average, and after digging through the comments (that for my sake, didn't contain spoilers) it seems that the complaints are:
1) The concept is not entirely original.
2) The villain (I assume Nightingale) is rather cliche.
3) Main character's motivations are inconsistent.

This might make me sound like a stubborn stan who refuses to accept that the manga I like has flaws, but I disagree with some of the above.

1) While the concept of "Select people have superhuman powers that, at times, are reality-bending" is pretty common, the idea of them being "reincarnations of past famous figures" is rather unique. I guess the closest thing to this manga's power system would be shuumatsu no valkyrie, but the story is utterly different.
2) The villain is absolutely an overdone one. It's basically a lazyman's answer to the question: "Why do the goons stay with the obviously evil guy (except for obviously evil reasons)?". Overall I'd say that I would agree it's a weak point of the story. It's bizarre that neumann wasn't able to predict this from happening in the first place.
3) The main character's motivation was originally "Get all the talents and become the most talented person alive", which is rather straightforward. Now the main character is what can only be described as a selfless individual who'd willingly sacrifice his life to save all of humanity. While this is a dramatic change, I don't at all find this unnatural. The main character's motivation was originally to be as skilled as his older brother, and functions mostly out of spite. Now he knows that his brother was a returner and that the entire world is getting nuked, it makes perfect sense why he's no longer hellbent in gathering powers.

The cover thing it looks like the girl has centipedes all over her body crawling don’t wanna read this but I’ll save it anyway and read when I got time

Aggregator gang
original description for this series was the best haha (below for those who missed it)

'You're mediocre and talentless - but have no fear! You can acquire the talent from your previous life, through the power of... petals!!'

Kinda glad to see it still being translated,
Read it over a year ago, will wait another year for it to finish? maybe

@Xelaj
I don't disagree with you, I guess, although,
there might be explanations for point two. I need to know why a saintly(or so history says?) person like Florence Nightingale is the villain, unless her reason is set in stone already as what you described.
@calmbreez
You could say that, you could ship the main character with who seems to be the female lead.
Hopefully, they end up being a thing.
At the very least, the mc sees her as important, if I remember correctly, don't remember much about her other than her kind of battle junkie personality (is that right?)

It all went downhill.
Ch.9 was the peak then it stagnated and went downhill.
here's some small notes I took from reading this. (Spoilers obviously)
Ch.12 I didn't payed too much attention from this (small) detail but wtf why did you give the mc bipolarity? Because he's "human"? that's fuckin pure bs. Only a small amount of the population has major forms of being bipolar and this is NOT NORMAL ESPECIALLY on MC's case (because he's ready give up everything. he's ready to betray his allies at any moment. But then what's this? )
Ch.29 Introduction of a shit villain
and the changing of MC's personality into a shitty cliche one (maybe this one has some meta-narrative in it because of the sudden change of heart in MC's character like the author's being controlled or something) [ Story goes big slope downhill here ]
Ch.33 Introduction Deus ex machina or should I say Deus ex machina II
Ch.36 Trying to answer the million-dollar question and passing it as the only true and valid answer
Ch.37 Weak MC giving up his ambition to steal Mitsusashi's talent leading up to losing her
Ch.39 Bringing up characters out of thin air. There's no signs of them(except for that guy) existing I saw/remember beforehand or coming up in conversation.
Reminds me of hours I have sunked into ToG when they just keep doing this then I realized and dropped it too late. I regret reading those 300+ chapters of story with no progress.
Ch.40 Shitty main villain chick has been give fake intelligence to appear as smart and cunning.
Ch.41 She becomes shittier and shittier with every passing chapter, turning into cocoon so the readers cannot question her motives. Avoiding responsibility like that one father that went to the store to but some cigarrettes.

But the father never came back

Ch.48 The return of MC's natural talent "Thieving Hand" and they didn't even showed it in action. Preposterous.
Final notes.
I dropped this halfway. It's so predictable that I can say with a certain degree of certainty that the author is turning Touya(MC) into a second Seiya(His Brother) but the author might try to make Touya say that he is him and not he's brother even though he's doing it on purpose.

As a fan of military history,
the carlos hathcock vs simo hayha battle is ridiculously bad for what kind of manga this is supposed to be. Carlos hathcock laments his lack of range and says simo focuses on his scope to much. Carlos hathcock set the record for the longest sniper kill in the world in 1967, 2500 yards or over 2 km, that wasn't beaten for 35 years with a machinegun using a custom scope mount while simo was famous for rarely if ever using a scope and making most of his kills within about 200 meters. I sort of expected a bit of historical accuracy from a manga loosely based on the feats of historical figures.

We are blessed with a rather normal author, unable to truly satisfy the desires of Mangadex users, or effectively use his premise.
After a setup it falls down immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread