Reincarnation or Time Rewind? Pick your poison.

Let's say you live in a fantasy world or some sort like that, You were given a chance to do something like this, Would you pick Getting Reincarnated or Time Rewind? Would you start a new life or Go back in time and fix something in the past? What would be your choice? Let's hear it.

My answer:
I guess it depends on how my life will end up in the Story. I would pick Reincarnation if i have fulfilled my goal and become satisfied in my life and start a new life with a new goal, While i'll only pick Time Rewind (Going back in the Past) if i end up living a miserable life full of pain and suffering to go back in time and fix everything.

Contributor
Reincarnated
zh9Lk4j.gif

Who the hell wants to go back in time?

The only people who would want a “do over” are still going to be the same exact person they hate when they look in the mirror. You aren’t going to Return By Death your way into being your ideal self. Everyone around you influences you, you cannot change that. Even with future knowledge there is a zero percent chance you will make a meaningful difference on your future because you will still be the same person you are now.

Being reincarnated on the other hand is a gamble who’s negative outcomes are infinitely worse than the positive outcomes.

You could become a self insert isekai protagonist or you could end up becoming a female elf in an orc settlement.

Then there’s also the fact you don’t know if you’d just be reincarnated on Earth in a worse off position. Or going to a world where you’re reborn as an animal that isn’t a magical beast.

There is zero good choice in this discussion but being reincarnated is the least shitty option because it means there is a non zero chance of me having a harem of traps and reverse traps in a world filled with catgirls.

Dex-chan lover
@wowfucktron
Just to clarify on this, the 'time rewind' is still in the fantasy world.

This is disregarding people's ability to adapt. Generally, you'd have a hard time of actually finding some wacko who legitimately wants to be dropped into some fantasy world without modern conveniences, just as most people wouldn't want to take on more work/responsibility/inconveniences if there were no clear benefits to doing so.

Yes, a fantasy world's demon king does not fear the NEET weeb who isn't accustomed to hardship of even small degrees. When one wholly becomes accustomed to their advantages and begins to think of them as natural is when they effectively stunt their ability to adapt.

But redoing past actions (in a fantasy world (or irl for that matter)) might literally be the most useful tool you could have. I fully understand how habits shape a person and are usually difficult to break out of, but your take on time rewind only accounts for such low-end situations and is in complete neglect of those who actually would use such an ability to min/max their own actions (to varying extents).

Tl;dr: I'd pick time rewind over reincarnation, as the former offers extended control while the latter leaves too much to chance.

Group Leader
Reincarnation for sure. That way, I can hope to become a new person, new skills, new abilities, new potentials, new life, new opportunities, new look/appearance, etc. Of course, nothing guarantees my life will go any smoother, but it's at least something I can hope for.

Rewinding time only works for people with potentials but were unused, like Silver Plan or Relife. I guess Doraemon counts to some extent... As for me, I already hit my limit. There is nothing else I can do to turn my life around even if I were to somehow reverse time. It's not going to make me smarter or more attractive.

If I get to keep my memory or get any cheat, great. If not, oh well. I can only hope for a more decent life.
Also, we can keep shitposting together if we reincarnate. XD

Well, if I lived in a fantasy world(most likely a fairy tale), I would want to.... well, that depends on my situation.... if I’m full of regrets or stuff from past and I think I’ll make better choices and those can help people around, I would chose coming back to my younger self. If that can’t be helped, and I couldn’t help anyone, even if I went back in time, I’d rather reincarnate, or promptly die as an ending. You see, dying (an ending) is what makes life more precious, in a way.
And believe it or not, through many regional texts in literature, I’ve come across, there’s substantial evidence that people indeed do reincarnate (they just don’t remember their past lives most of the times). So it’s not a complete fantasy. So, if I’m going to be reincarnated anyways, I’d like to try going back in time in this lifetime... I’d try to help people - like warning about Tsunami, or preventing COVID from spreading and stuff (that’d probably end up saving a lot of lives, but the +ve(s) that came from this -ve situation could be influenced, so I’m worried)
I’d also find a way to (try) prevent the untimely demise of people close to me. Also give them good advice (better, at least, with more understanding) than before, to be more helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread