Reiwa no Dara-san - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

Group Leader
A shy snek, is a cute snek, period! :meguusmug:

Thank you for the translations~ :clap:

Group Leader
It's actually kind of appropriate that she would start ending her sentences with 'jya' because the word for a giant demonic/guardian snake is 'ja', like in the old saying 'oni ga deru ka ja ga deru ka' which is 'maybe an oni will come out, maybe a giant snake will come out...' (i.e., this is some dangerous stuff). So kind of like a fluffy bunny character ending her sentences with 'usa' or the standard bear ending their sentences with 'kuma'.

Group Leader
I got a question to the TL people: the "Reiwa" from the title has what meaning?
is it from the new Reiwa era that started, meaning "Ms. Dara in the new era"
or does it mean peace, translating to "The peace of Ms. Dara"?
For me it's that she's basically adjusting to the new Reiwa era that just started and the kids are dragging her into it. She used to tear people's limbs off and devour them, doesn't do that any more. She used to run around naked, now she's got clothes on. She's a giant 'evil' monstrosity but by golly she's got her cell phone and uses it. She's now way more helpful than dangerous. She knows about cosplay and figurines.

Reiwa only started 4 years ago, but as used 'Reiwa kids' aren't the 0-4 year olds, they're the kids who are growing up during Reiwa, so basically anyone not an adult yet. So the title is kind of like 'Gen Z Frankenstein'.

Dex-chan lover
For me it's that she's basically adjusting to the new Reiwa era that just started and the kids are dragging her into it. She used to tear people's limbs off and devour them, doesn't do that any more. She used to run around naked, now she's got clothes on. She's a giant 'evil' monstrosity but by golly she's got her cell phone and uses it. She's now way more helpful than dangerous. She knows about cosplay and figurines.

Reiwa only started 4 years ago, but as used 'Reiwa kids' aren't the 0-4 year olds, they're the kids who are growing up during Reiwa, so basically anyone not an adult yet. So the title is kind of like 'Gen Z Frankenstein'.
jesus the mental image of frankenstein being a zoomer gave me whiplash

but then again, Ollie is basically that

Double-page supporter
This is incredibly well translated and typeset. If I wasn’t a dirty neet I would happily donate

Dex-chan lover
did not expect a fucking FGO parody lmao. i guess she already is a neet, so there's not like there's anywhere lower for her to go

Dex-chan lover
Author casually joking about us degenerate weebs in 2024. Anything can be lewd in the name of rules 24. I saw sadako and resident evil nsfw version.

Also dara san seems got a sad and tragic backstory.

Aggregator gang
Yeah, he asked the real question here.
Who started speaking like old folks "jya / nanojya/ jyaro~" when they... grow old?

Users who are viewing this thread