Reiwa no Dara-san - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

Supporter
I just started reading this recently, it's really good so far. Dara-san is fun, the kids are fun, and I really like this format where we learn a little bit more about her story at the start of every chapter.

Thanks for the TL, this series is great!
The thing that this series definitely has going for it is that it's fun, and it has a hook.

Dex-chan lover
I'm liking this so far, I want it to keep like that more chapters before it goes into a serious plot

Dex-chan lover
I got a question to the TL people: the "Reiwa" from the title has what meaning?
is it from the new Reiwa era that started, meaning "Ms. Dara in the new era"
or does it mean peace, translating to "The peace of Ms. Dara"?

Dex-chan lover
This is a completely uneducated guess, but it sounds to me like the double meaning is purposeful. Meeting these kids from the modern day has given her a peace she hasn't felt since... maybe ever.

Dex-chan lover
I'm appreciating how the kids are just treating her like a being and just giving her clothes, food, and doing her hair as basic self-care.

Thanks for the translations and the little info cards at the end! Very useful :3 Great work as always!!

Group Leader
Reiwa doesn't really mean anything besides the name for the new era. It's composed of two kanji with various readings 令 (mostly aspects of legal authority) and 和 (usually harmony/peace) but they didn't really mean anything stuck together before 2019 except maybe as somebody's name.

Or to put it another way, here's how often Reiwa showed up in google searches year over year:
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=JP&q="令和"&hl=en-US

Thank you for translating this. I don't think many would have been able to translate to this quality and being informative at the same time. The cover caught my eye but not enough, but I'm definitely buying the tanks next trip to Japan.

Take that, whoever who says unofficial translators don't contribute to sales!

Dex-chan lover
It's probably meant to be like, evocative of modern day/modernity. So an english translation of the name could be "Miss Dara In The Modern Day" or "Miss Dada In This Day And Age" or some shit lol

Users who are viewing this thread