:rejected: Offload original uploaded images :rejected:

:rejected: Offload original uploaded images :rejected:

• Okay with optimal quality images

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I want the full fledged experience of high res images.

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If offloading data saver images helped the site, why not do the opposite. Stop original big high quality images and serve the compressed optimal ones. I believe many readers would not mind lower qualities for the sake of better connection serve times and less timeouts and failures. I do not why know but I feel mangadex maintainers will kill me for this suggestion 😅. Anyway, I would just like to hear an expert opinion on the matter. Give your thoughts in the poll. Thank you.

Fed-Kun's army
For reading online, yes sometimes compressed option is better. But for storing, archiving and dowloading and stuffs, I don't see why one should not offer the best quality if possible.

I totally agree with you, but this is only true if the majority of users have their data saver turned off. I do not know the statistics behind it, but I believe most users are using data saver mode.

Fed-Kun's army
Not me at least, I only use data saver on mobile and while being on restricted mobile data.

Dex-chan lover
I believe most users are using data saver mode.
mOAL5bRt.jpg

Fuuuuuck no. And besides, regardless of how many heathens read purely without WiFi on mobile, there's absolutely no reason to impair the image quality for those that don't.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Bandwidth is not the issue, server/db load is. Forcing everyone onto compressed images wouldn't noticeably impact site load.
Also, fuck no, we're not forcing shit quality on everyone. It's optional for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread