Release That Witch - Ch. 65 - Kiss

Dex-chan lover
@Rinfolia Ever since I found out that was the case, really saddened since Nightingale is clearly the best girl, but could have accepted Anna IF the artist didn't refuse to make characters look their age instead of making them look MUCH younger then they are.

Dex-chan lover
@Rinfolia well I'm a bit surprised to think she has that much influence over his creative content but I can respect that I guess. It's just a shame considering the clear harem setup leaves the characters hanging on like this. If we could see them move on by the end that would be nice.

also, hella cute avatar you got on. What's it from or who's the artist?

@Rinfolia
I don't really agree with that.

The last 6 lines of the novel are literally:
"The door opened to have Nightingale behind it.

Her brilliant smile and gold hair shone into Roland's eyes.

Seated on the sofa in the living room, Anna nodded at him gently.

"Welcome home," she greeted gently.

"I'm back." Roland smiled as he walked into the house.

The path before him extended forward. Regardless of what future awaited them, it was a brand new page."

Double-page supporter
@Rinfolia

... That seems off. If she's traditionally Chinese, it was common for lords to have many wives in China, but the 'first wife' position was all but sacred. There'd be a lot of inter-political dispute through the various wives' children and such.

Group Leader
@1986ctcel assuming you have read the novel to certain amount :
Anna is the wisest (without external power assisting her) and able to grasp Roland's knowledge the most. She also one of the few people who put complete trust in Roland's vision/lead. This has nothing to do with wife or mistress. Actually... there's no mention of mistress or harem of sort in the novel at all. I kind of rooting to Nightingale a bit as well. The ending was pretty vague as to what role Nightingale plays in the relationship aspect.

Double-page supporter
@DrDuckling
that just seems.....dumb Anna wins cause she's "the smartest and most trusting" so they give up? That makes it sound like some CK2 optimisation instead.

Group Leader
@1986ctcel
If you read the novel, Anna's characteristic is justified, but as someone in the past (forgot who) stated that the whole story is pretty much biased toward MC (a bit sidetrack from original waifu/mistress discussion) . In almost every arcs there is this 'deus ex machina' moment that just doesn't seem natural. It does allow the story to continue, but still... I don't think I remember a point where MC actually lose hard in battle or politics. Still, I like the story up to the very end where it got axed. The last 10-20 chapters are hard to read. Still, the English translation team did a pretty good job.

@1986ctcel
I think what's dumb is readers who expect the MC to form couples based on the reader's value/tastes rather than the actual character's. I have an issue with this whole "best girl" craze that seems to be the main selling point for a lot of people. It inevitably turns into a popularity contest based on the reader's biases.

Roland fell in love with Anna because she gets him. They can switch back and forth between talking shop and being lovey dovey in a heartbeat and that attracted Roland. Nightingale is the only person he spends the most waking moment with as his bodyguard and is one of his most trusted confidante. However, she's pretty dumb in a book-sense but with some really sharp intuition sprinkled in. Given Roland's background as a mechanical engineer and his meticulous personality, it makes sense for him to have Anna as his life partner. That doesn't take away anything from his relationship with Nightingale which is one of his closest friend and trusted confidante. And all 3 are aware of Nightingale's attraction to Roland but this isn't some romance so the development of that takes a back seat to the main story. Just because they don't explicitly act on it doesn't mean that they don't have affection for each other.

@Neokarasu It IS dumb to discuss best girl, when the author is the one that chooses who wins and who loses.

In the end Anna struck a deal with Nightingale and both remained by his side at the end of the story, by that time it wasn't only Anna, but also Nightingale managed to enter Roland's heart with her extreme devotion to him. So in the end both "won".

Users who are viewing this thread