Release That Witch

Really wish Meraki would keep a list on their website of dropped projects, it gets damned annoying.

Group Leader
Most of this comment is copypaste from /r/manga comment I made yesterday.

The official version is available on https://www.webnovel.com/comic/13137713105817601

You can read it there. Like I said before elsewhere, while we can justify working on a non-licensed series, as there is no alternative, we do not support non-official scanlation when there is an official version available with decent quality and decent speed. Scanlation is not supposed to be a free pass to official content that's getting updated every few days. We've removed our chapters from Mangadex and our website, we initially wanted to wait until Qidian is caught up to our chapters, but this release made us remove it earlier.

Obviously, if you are willing to pirate it, despite the official releases, nobody can stop you and you can head to any other aggregate and do so, but that doesn't mean it should be convenient to you.

@UnEpic_ Dude, if you're gonna make such statement, how hard is it to check facts first? Also, it's Meraki, not Merkai. A Returner's Magic Should be Special is Korean series and it's yet to be officially released in English, chapters are still available on Mangadex (which will absolutely change if it does get licensed). The only place it's removed from is our website and that was due to Cease and Desist from the Korean publisher of the series.

@Rysten That's actually a good idea, and I was already looking into it. Although, we do announce every single dropped project. Usually by writing a message on discord + on our announcement section on our website.

In any case, I understand where you guys are coming from, but make no mistake, I would delete the chapters from every single aggregate online if I could. In case of Release that Witch, nobody forced us to delete them, we did it out of our own volition, the only reason I'm clearing this up is that I saw some hilarious statements such as "Our Translator was blackmailed, bribed and threatened" which couldn't be more wrong. People just love to villainize officials as they have to pay anywhere from 10 cents onwards per chapter (part of which goes to the creator, but fuck that guy, right, he's nothing but the reason that we get to read it (Sarcasm)). This bashing is usually without facts to back them up. Which doesn't always hold true to Qidian but regardless, in this case, it's absolutely wrong.

As for series such as The Last Human and other ones which we are commissioned to do for the Chinese apps, that's another story, and we couldn't upload them even if we wanted to (which we don't), considering they're licensed. And the only reason we get to upload them with certain conditions on Meraki is that its part of the compensation for our services.

Dropped I guess.
Another enjoyable Manga down the drain.
I was also stacking up chapters for the novel, but that it is licensed I should drop that as well.
Seeing as all licensed Novels cost money to read.
I'm not against paying for reading content since it helps the author of said stories.
But I'm poor.
Very poor.
It doesn't help that the foreign authors who probably don't even care about a translation to english are concerned since they don't translate it themselves.
See you around Witch.

@DiabolicalHaterAnonx My fault entirely, both for getting the name wrong twice (Meraki got autocorrected for some reason), and for assuming why it was deleted. I wish to clarify my assumption though.

My Edit was quoting the "delete" part, as there were different reasons for said deletions on your previous series. I assumed it was a mix of "The Last Human" and "Returners Magic"(Getting a C&D while an official translation came out), as you got rid of Release that Witch on your site.
Second Thing to note, I tried looking on your site for any announcements/reasons, but came up empty.

Anyway, I know your policy about supporting official translations, I will respect your groups decision, and I will agree with that mentality on that front.

@DiabolicalHaterAnonx I don't really use Discord much, got tired of the "constant connection" that seems to be the thing these days. As for the website, I did look but I don't see any announcement section, just a list of manga :( I don't mind the deletion, but it just gets annoying when I miss a chapter and the whole series is gone when I go to look a bit later...

Group Leader
@Rysten there are still many websites that still have the chapters like mangago or kissmanga even if it is deleted from mangadex

Aggregator gang
..... C&D again?
Why is it always meraki? lol
I wonder if your site is too visible in google?

And to the moronic karens who keep dissing the site:
IF YOU CAN'T PAY FOR YOUR SHIT THEN BE RESOURCEFUL!!
Look for translator sites and go to other aggregates cuz nobody in heck is stopping you.
Ok karen?
Or do you guys need the manager?

Oh the irony of a cease and desist for copyright, coming from fucking CHINA

Group Leader
@greyhud90 @darkcat28 we didn't get C&D notice for Release that Witch, we removed it from MD and our website out of our own volition to support the official translation available at https://www.webnovel.com/comic/13137713105817601

Anonx explained everything in more detail in his comment https://mangadex.org/thread/59917/7/#post_690706

Fed-Kun's army
welp, I have this on my plan to read. now I want to read it and it's gone.

A little bit disappointed... While the toon was obviously never going to be as good as the novel, I feel the toon has been pretty bad.

@Wireath
Probably because they didn't learn to aim well enough. The prince is the only one who had proper gun training and the rest learned on their own with limited guns and ammunition so I think they most likely use them when the enemy is close enough that they know the shot will count.

Users who are viewing this thread