Release That Witch

Aggregator gang
I will read this manga just to refresh my memory but it doesn't look as good as I imagined it could.

Well, this could've been better. But, at least, we'll get to know for sure how some characters look like.

(Sigh)... The road till the best girls arrive will be long and difficult. But I will endure, just to see our precious Moe-blobs (and their cute mascot, Fran the Devourer)!

At least it's, like, only 400 or so chapters before the Fat Pigeon to help with the waiting, right?

It’s too bad that the anime of this was canceled. It could have been as epic as fairytale. Or one piece.

I have read until the 24th chp., but I want to read the LN/WN where do I start?

The exact chapter is 33, I think, but I'd at LEAST back track to 19, the chapter Nightengale gets introduced in (Roland's study, obviously). The chapters are mostly pretty short so it's not a huge difference. The major difference between these two points is Nightengale's motivation as well as Brian, the patrolman Nightengale saves, is a reoccuring "perspective" character. Basically, the author uses a bunch of characters like Brian, Barov, Nightengale, and Van'er (the first army guy) to show a different view from Roland.

No real major events have occurred yet other than meeting Nightengale and the introduction of the steam engine, so you're not going to miss too much context either way skipping the first couple of chapters.

Dex-chan lover
as someone who have read far into the light novel, reading chapter 0 gave me brain cancer, but it is the preview chapter so i gusse that was to be expected. tbh dont read it all all and go to chapter 1 asap.

this lightnovel IS AWESOME, one of my all time favorites. but from only reading a few chapters of the manga there is now, i fear that the story might skip out on alot of the details that makes it great.

i only hope im proven wrong. still.... they can´t mess up the story that badly right...... right ?

For those that want to read the LN/WN, read it from the start. There are lots of details omitted from the manga

Since when the fuck does the 3rd princess have an eyepatch LOL did they really add that shit just to make her look unique?

Dex-chan lover
I don't like the art style. They made the witches look far younger than I had anticipated. Like isn't Nana supposed to be 14 or 15? Why does she look 8?

Dex-chan lover
oh cool, this is getting TLed! I've been "reading" the manhua since ch 4 or so, it's not really a problem not knowing chinese, since I've read the novel and can understand what's happening from memory.

Still, thank you for TLing this, and the artist really tool some "liberties" making a 14yo look like 10, giving garcia an eye patch, not to mention cannons on ships when gunpowder isn't even invented! So yeah, the artist sux hard.

Without a doubt, it's one of the best novels I have read in a long time, BUT i dropped it for a very annoying situation...

(Note: If you didnt read the novel until chapter 1100, stop reading right now because I will say a lot spoilers)

SPOILERS:

nightingale is one of the best characters in this webnovel, she appears the most (in 1000 chapters it appears approximately in 700 or 800?. In her monologues she's always thinking of roland and all that shit). Anna on the other hand, despite the fact that with her the novel starts and has a lot of importance (because of the fire it uses, first witch roland knows, etc) barely appears (200/250 chapters of 1400) besides her character is very plain and boring, however the author decides that Roland marry Anna and even Roland tells Anna that he also loves nightingale (in this situation nightingale and anna make a love deal in cap 700) BUT after the wedding between Roland and Anna (CAP 1030 app) THE PACT SIMPLY DISAPPEAR, author stopped this "love triangle" why u could ask? THING IS that Roland and Anna represent the author and his wife so his wife was outraged when she knows there was another woman who roland loved (nightingale), she literally forced the author to stop this situation so the author decided to remove nightingale(she almost disappear after the weeding). I researched in many forums both Chinese and English and this shit REALLY HAPPENED.
Funny thing is im not the only one who was pissed off, if u research a little a lot of ppl ask the same shit, i mean why the autor did this or why the fuck his wife decided to fuck up his novel( as example think that from one day to another one piece author decided to remove zoro or nami without explanation, nor even a clear motive, of course u will be like DUDE WTF)

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@Naaash

1. The comment box has spoiler options for a reason (the eye icon with a diagonal line on it), allowing you to make text
so.

2. Yeah, it's actually one of the more annoying parts of the novel that Anna is Roland's main love interest
and later wife
. While Anna isn't a bad character per se she does come across kind of flat (in more ways than one). Basically her character arc began and ended in the first few dozen chapters and hasn't been very interesting since, and while her powers do evolve they don't really constitute character development in any way. Nightingale meanwhile is awesome in all kinds of ways, and is a seriously more fun, adorable, and badass character. Not to mention she has significantly better chemistry with Roland, with lots of little endearing moments between them that just show how close and intimate they are
like Roland absentmindedly massaging Nightingale's feet when he's deep in thought without realizing it
. Anna actually had similar moments with Roland in the beginning, but then as the chapters went by her relationship was basically more tell and less show. Finally, we get to see Nightingale's viewpoint and thoughts more often than Anna's, which means we understand and sympathize with Nightingale far more than we do with Anna whom we mostly only see from a third-person perspective. Basically, the Roland x Anna relationship feels kind of hammered in, while Roland x Nightingale builds up quite naturally.

Thankfully though, for me the novel has far more appear than just the romance in it, since I do like the worldbuilding and CIVILIZATION that the story embarks in. Also, Nightingale still remains best girl even in her last recent appearance
the only reason she's shafted for storytime is because the last few dozen chapters have focused on the war and the frontlines

Ok the description seems interesting but something is annoying me a lot, otherwise I would have give it a chance right away. HONESTLY on a scale from 1 to 10: Would you recommend me this manhua?

(My personal preferences are story, fun, drama, action and romance, in that order. Also is the story similar to Log Horizon?)

@caid
It's an alright manhua. The Novel is superior so I recommend reading that instead of the manhua. I'll give the manhua a 7/10 but bear in mind that I read the Novel and that affected the score I gave.

Nothing at all like Log Horizon.

@Caid
You could always just give it a try. Based on what I read in the novel (and I'm only started, at 15%, but that's already way more than was drawn) it's more like - story, drama, action, fun and only then romance. But manhua adaptation is more lighthearted, so order may change. Overall there is more "story", than anything else - a lot of things happening simultaneously all around the world, the plot is moving, there are a lot of "storytellers", with different points of view, and some things mentioned in one chapter may play a part in another, much later. How much of this will be transferred to this manhua - I don't know.

In my opinion web novel is very interesting. Consider reading it too (or instead).

Users who are viewing this thread