Release That Witch

Fed-Kun's army
Some information for readers from someone who followed all the WN chapters (fuck there were a lot) in regards to romance:

There's a very specific reason why this is not a harem story. The author's wife vehemently opposed such, and promised him great pain and suffering should he go down that route. And as the saying "a happy wife makes a happy life" goes, the author resisted his harem urges.

:D

Fed-Kun's army
Its not bad, but not even close to good

Chinese media seems to just be super on the nose, no subtlety.

The church
kills witches, so ofc they rape, torture and sacrifice them as well. Cause they're the bad guys, they do bad things so they are bad people
The witches
are oppressed so every single backstory could be it's own tragedy, everyone is some tragic short story (which loses its punch after the 5th equally tragic story)
The MC
Starts with this bad reputation only to have it immediately dropped for his normal super genius one. Drastic changes in character and knowledge are never brought up lol

This super simplistic writing style and very sloppy art come together to produce QUANTITY.

If you want to shovel 200 chapters of a 3-4/10 manhua it's here. I wouldn't be rushing for the next release though

Fed-Kun's army
@DegenerateScum
I'm not too educated about this topic so these are opinions and ideas rather than facts or anything

I'm not sure about an overabundance of paternalism, I think you naturally write what you taught and believe. I'm sure many western authors write in way too much capitalism and democracy into their stories as net positives. I hate is when the MC tries to make democracies work in medieval society for no other reason than they had it in current times / monarchy bad. The MC is clearly aware he is using propaganda on his populous, but it works well for uneducated towns people. Authoritarianism is also useful in times of war for the rapid implementation of technology and policies. Since it's also a really Chinese story they are NOT very use to the idea of exploring both sides of an argument. "Different" writing styles at work I guess, I'm not sure how popular this is in China itself.

So I think it would be a combination of familiarity/lack of popularity and inadequacy/different writing style.

Dunno how people can convince themselves that this is anything better than the low end of mediocre.

@varrock1 care to explain what exactly you didn’t like about this? You should definitely read the Novel, it’s one of the best Kingdom building story, besides, the manhua is a summarised version of the novel, 3 chapters are squeezed into 1 manhua chapter with barely any dialogue. Of course it misses out on many things like how the weapons and other stuffs are made, in novel they test these things for few chapters before they’re finally used, while manhua skips all that...

@dudewithmagic here comes another who judges a story when it isn’t even 15% complete. The story isn’t as simple as you think buddy, let me educate you..😌

* The church isn’t your christian-church, if that’s why you’re so butthurt, The church was formed by a 400 year old Witch Empire’s Queen, to turn witches into God’s punishment soliders to fight against demons. 400 years ago, Witches dominated & ruled the society and common people were considered low-lives and discriminated witches same way currently witches are being discriminated. However after the witch empire was defeated by demons, gradually the power of church shifted to Common people, the executives of church In turn discriminated witches and controlled them.

* 400 years ago, common people were mentally tortured and executed if they didn’t follow orders of witches, infact they were treated like breeding pigs.

* The witches are oppressed today, however they were the ones oppressing common people 400 years ago. So, no body is truly innocent and evil here. The oppression faced by common people 400 years ago is what caused common people to view witches negatively and oppress them in return. So, he witches weren’t all innocent like you predicted.

* You’ll further learn that most executives/priests of church are former aristocrats who decided to collude with church when church expanded their influence over other countries, infact, the whole point of church was to raise girls, some of which will awaken into witches who’ll be sacrificed to create God punishment soilders to fight demons. However, the former aristocracts who currently became members of church took advantage of girls while recruiting them.

Hope you realise how pre-mature your judgment and ratings are.

Fed-Kun's army
I mean I can really only rate the story as such if I have only read 15% lol

The church draws plenty of similarities to christian in the world, it isn't modeled after Jewish Synagogues or Muslim Mosques but Christian Churches. I did read your comment, it still makes the church still unjustly persecute witches. You don't get a free pass on torturing and scaraficing innocents because of your righteous cause or previous oppression. It sucks witches did it in the past but the modern ones are uninvolved, the church staff also have been shown to rape and beat them which isn't necessary(even in purely result based thinking), thus evil. The writing level of this manhau is too simple for any complex themes to be properly explored.

While I am only 15% of the way in the writing is poor, character backstories are poor and the church is poorly written if they plan to be redeemed (also can you use spoilers so you don't get in trouble). Though I didn't read the LN or the most recent chapters, I thought this was junkfood manhau for a rainy day, not unreadable.

Dex-chan lover
@dudewithmagic
nah

@fireheart727
It's still made like Christian church as historically they really persecuted beautiful women (and those with "strange" behaviour) who were labeled as witches. Other than that Roland's empire is pretty similar to industrialized China (after Mao's death).

Fed-Kun's army
Someone cool wanna spoil how the harem-romance is in this?

Is it ditzy Eeny, meeny, miny, moe everyone gets a whirl harem?

Or is it those harems where he only has eyes for one of them mainly?

Dex-chan lover
@calmbreez
In the final chapter of WN it's still fucking unknown what he does with Nightingale and we still don't know what the promise between Anna and Nightingale was. 😬

Dex-chan lover
@calmbreez
That's why some wives (in this case author's wife) should be banned from decision making.
Btw. the only guy with a harem would be a guy called Rex. But we don't know the details about his harem. All other characters have only 1 wife. 1 wiiiiiiifeeeeeee!
Other than that it's unknown how many lovers Victor Lothar got.
But don't fret. The other character ships are still good.

...I hate that the first thirty-ish chapters aren't hosted here.
And yet, only up to 16 on the OFFICIAL host site are available to read before hitting a paywall.
Chapter 17 and onward on the official host site, boom! Paywall. Whomever made that choice deserves to have their knees covered in bees.

Users who are viewing this thread