ReLIFE - Vol. 15 Ch. 222 - Restart LIFE

Huh, three people (probably) finishing/refinishing it within about a day of each other, heh.

But yeah, definitely 10/10 manga for me as well... Don't know where I'd rank it, though. Perhaps just about tied with Parasyte... Or when I think back on some old manga, I think I'd have this in a three way tie with Parasyte and Pluto for being the best manga from all I've read.

Feeling of it reminds me of Toradora a lot, think this will be something rather nostalgic for me in the future. Also kinda reminds me of Hikaru no Go, but only really with the mental struggles, if that makes sense.

As for whether I'd go through with ReLIFE? I don't think so. I do have regrets at times, I largely isolated myself despite having some good friends, and I was so awkward at times, but everyone I met (I think) liked well enough, was even invited to things somewhat often. It was just my constant slothfulness that caused issue, and no amount of going back to high school would fix that.

I do wish I went out more with my friends, though... But well, that's what I'm hoping to do with my future. Just sucks that what I really want to do with my life (move up to one of the territories in Canada and teach) is something that not many want to do, but ah well. I'm certain things will work out in the end.

I think I'm starting to get insensitive to some things, after being exposed to so many great stories. I've found this good, don't have anything in particular to criticise, but I feel like Kimi No Na Wa. (Your Name.) is the ultimate and unsurpassable incarnation of this kind of "lovers doomed to forget each other" story. Also having seen the anime probably lessened some of the impact here (although I had totally forgotten most of it... which is weird). So in the end I'd give a solid 9/10 (maybe 8 just because of somewhat shallow world building).

I'd totally go with ReLIFE, without hesitation. Not because I have regrets, exactly - I do, but it wouldn't erase any of that - but mostly to prove to myself I can do better. That I could have done better, knowing what I know now. And also to experience some things I unfortunately never did. Ironically, having gone through all those mistakes, I've actually learned quite a bit about people, and how to bring them together, so I think I could have a positive influence on my schoolmates, like Arata did. That would make me happy. Truthfully I'm not a NEET, though, so I wouldn't qualify anyway.

@Unigear interesting dream, I too wanted to move to Canada, but didn't find the right pathway there. I ended up moving to the UK instead. I still feel the Canadian culture resonates better with me, however.

Definitely a nice ending. About as good as realistically possible given the constraints of the established story.

I especially like that she she was even able to joke about leaving him there at the end, which really helps to prove how much she changed. In the beginning that would have been literally unthinkable, as she was far to direct to joke about such things.

I’m not sure how much he changed. He certainly did change some, but honestly, he had many of those traits about caring about others since pretty much the very beginning. Arguably, it was the cause of his downfall when the sempai he liked killed herself. So really I think his change was mostly just getting past his hang ups about that incident.

After years of being emotionally repressed, this story broke me so damn hard. Being at similar stage of life, finishing master's, working, feeling lost. Such a heartwarming story.

Dex-chan lover
@asdfgke There, there, you've been through a lot. *hugs*

Thank you, Author for this piece of art. There may be inconsistencies and it may be a little bit over dramatic, but I enjoyed it 10/10 nonetheless.

To all the readers going through same things as our characters, I hope you don't take the reclusive path and I hope that you find the courage to share your pain.

That's a wrap!

Group Leader
Bing read this in 2 days after watching anime. love it to bits and can't believe such a masterpiece existed. if anyone knows similar manga please recommend to me.

shame there isn't a sequel to seeing them work as grown up and seeing mc and fmc lead a romantic life while guiding neets like them.

I myself am a neet myself and love reading manga and watching anime but this was very aspiring.

I was here 16/12/2020 and can't wait for my old self to come back and re-read this in years time.

Best manga I’ve read and ending, gonna recommend it to others, so sad that it has to come to an end tho :,)

this ending has always been one of my favorites, i love how this chapter circled back to the beginning! we started with kaizaki meeting ryo and we ended with kaizaki meeting his first subject, taka :’) loved seeing kazu and rena again of course!! i love how he teased them like always and they felt comfortable around him 🥺 definitely glad that i did a reread, this story is still as touching as i remember 😭 all of the characters are so wonderful, and i really loved reading about their backstories and seeing them struggle but get through it all with the help of their friends. all in all, relife is wonderful, 10/10 for me 💗

I watched the ReLIFE anime and then read the manga approximately 3 years ago. I just finished going through the story a second time tonight.

I tend to be affected a lot by powerful romance stories and/or stories about being lost in adulthood. I think they're topics that resonate with a lot of us because we all struggle with them from time to time. Even if you don't struggle with these problems very much perhaps you know someone close to you who does. It's easy to empathize with those having the kinds of difficulties portrayed in ReLIFE. It wasn't surprising at all that ReLIFE was a powerful cocktail of emotions for me. Even just reading the synopsis three years ago I knew it would be something that would hit home. However, I did not originally expect it to be as masterfully crafted as it was. I never foresaw how the entire story, characters, illustrations, etc. would be so finely crafted. Ultimately, I couldn't help falling in love with all of it. Even though ReLIFE doesn't have any revolutionary or unique ideas, the way it executes the concepts it presents provides an experience for the reader/viewer that is far more powerful. It is very much a "whole is greater than the sum of its parts"-level of art.

I find myself wondering if I would have the same experience as Hishiro or Kaizaki if I had participated in the experiment. Part of me thinks that I'm a well-adjusted adult with a steady job and decent social skills, but another part is anxious that at any moment the house of cards could fall and I could be in Hishiro or Kaizaki's place. On both readings I was struck by the powerful message that human lives are fragile things that can be upended very easily and not so easily put back together. ReLIFE's other equally powerful message is that one of the unique qualities of human beings is our ability to wrest control of our life from Fate and become better, stronger people. Combine that with a tear-jerking romance plot and there's no way I won't be enthralled.

I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did. I highly recommend ReLIFE and get all my friends to watch it. I've never had anyone be disappointed yet. ReLIFE is one of those stories that contains basic human experiences for which any adult will feel affinity. I think many people could even learn a few life lessons from ReLIFE. Speaking only for myself, both times that I've read ReLIFE it has provided me three distinct ideas that I think are very helpful to be continually reminded of:
1) We have the power to change our lives and the lives of those around us for the better. Life will never be perfect, but all we can do is put forth the effort and try.
2) Your life doesn't end when you hit some sort of setback. There is always a path forward even if it isn't one you originally imagined yourself on.
3) There are many good people in the world. Building meaningful relationships with good people is healthy, beneficial, and will generally lead you to a better life than if you did not have them.

ReLIFE is a 10/10, masterpiece. I wish I could have more, but at the same time it ended so perfectly I would hate to ruin it. It's like eating a really good desert. You want to have another serving, but at some point you'll get sick, so it's better to savor what you have.

@crowmanga

You pretty much nailed on the last paragraph. I'm glad that it ended, yet I'm sad that the story is over. I truly want more of this, maybe even another story of another ReLIFE subject. But some things are best left as is.

Amazing, best manga I have ever read. It took me three days to go through this and I can't be more satisfy. 100/10

Group Leader
i'm glad they remembered each other, but FUCK THE OTHERS FORGOT HIM

that actually hurts a lot

I'm in my last year of high school and just comparing my abysmal post covid social life I'm a 100% down for a ReLife right now.
I swear I have no friends anymore :(

Users who are viewing this thread