ReLIFE

Fed-Kun's army
Wait, to be clear --
when you start working at RELife after being an experiment subject, do you get your memories that were erased back?
Like kaizaki and hishiro remember all the stuff they experienced together by the end right?
And start a relationship together
?

So many emotions... a masterpiece and a must-read. I was listening to a song called 'stick together https://www.youtube.com/watchv=RnGwBGDzHr8&list=PLDgEQs5b6Op5VUNXxHGFRE2AvNoz2K6BN&index=105&t=0s' and that was my graduation song you know... I was reading the graduation part (the end) and😢 *sniff* I'm just going to sit in the corner.

Double-page supporter
It's a decent manga.

While the topic and the story hits home, too many things were out of place to be called a masterpiece, or even a good manga.
One of the two main characters, Hishiro, is in my opinion completly unrealistic. Too many of her reactions, her dialogues make no sense whatsoever, even for a NEET (and i would know). I actually stopped midway (around chapter 50) because it was getting absurd. The suspension of disbelief is hard to maintain when the characters keep talking like literal archetypes.

The way i'd put it, I feel like the main topic of the manga is very interesting but the way it's treated is a bit too childish. I feel like it's more a shonen than a seinen.

It's a 6/10. There are far better mangas about the same topic, although i have to admit that this childishness makes it a lot more accessible to a younger audience.

@StaK
They do remember everything and are together, but it’s not because they were given their memories back as employees. The medicine department guy said that there was no way for them to do that esp because their relationship was an unprecedented case, but they were able to remember by spending time with each other again and realizing. Even if their identities were forgotten, all of those effects on each other still remained. It also seemed with the post-ending scenes that even when a subject and their connections meet again after the experiment, they already have the feeling of knowing each other and almost missing them anyway.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah I assumed as much about whether or not they retain general feelings; and if its possible for love to overcome memory loss.

I just want to be certain - did they fully remember the memories they made by the end? Like specifically exactly what happened between them, or did they just a vague general feeling?

Not at first (I assume it started as just a vague feeling) when they (the main couple) were adults again but by then end when they were a couple did they fully remember everything about their time together? Or at least as much as any normal human would

@Ugly_chan

@StaK
Late reply, but I would like to believe they remembered as much as any normal human would! In the ending scene, it seemed to start off as a vague feeling (like where have I heard those words before, but with their faces missing) but as they realize who the other is, they remembered the actual faces, so it evolved from that vague feeling to an actual memory quite quickly. From there, I’m sure they could talk about it more and they probably had plenty of conversations with Yoake and Onoya while drinking haha

I also think that by working at ReLIFE, they could have had access to their own files eventually, but by that point I’m just guessing lol

Fed-Kun's army
@ugly_chan thats fine, it's not late at all, any reply is a good one. Id probably like to think the same as you about
their memories and the fact that they would discuss them. I am however extremely dissapointed that they only start to remember in the final scene - like really really rewlly dissapointed. They shouldve shown them discussing it and developing further as a couple, to their happily ever after; definitely shouldve been another chapter or an epilogue. What a bummer. I'm glad they're together at least, I guess. I just hate having to assume an implied happily ever after - if thats what happens in the conceptualized story then authors ought to show that so we can feel satisfied, especially after throwing so much drama at us lol

Bonus chapters are missing and there is no translation for them cuz fuck crunckyroll.
If anyone willing to translation here's the missing bonus chapters from the following Volumes.

Volume 02
Volume 07
Volume 08
Volume 09
Volume 10
Volume 11
Volume 12
Volume 13

Or well we can wait for comico.io to translate whole series from scratch, they're currently on 35 I think?

Aggregator gang
@Shlomosuke I’m the same age this year as Onoya and I don’t find this piece childish at all. Don’t know where you’re coming from with the childishness. As for unrealistic characters, well, it’s a work of fiction...

I cant help but consider this my favourite manga ever. The roller coaster of emotions still have my heart aching whenever I reread it.

One of the best romance manga i have ever read, the ending was kinda bittersweet but overall very satisfying end.

9/10

This is great. Conflict is organic, realistic, relatable, and understandable.

This series also showed me that I should reflect on myself. I feel like beating the shit out of all of these people, just because I'm so violent. Thanks to ShiroKuma in the discord for recommending this to me.

is it just me or the amount of total views showed is wrong? im pretty sure it should be around 4-5 million views and not 400k views. unless im completely missing something

From when I started reading in 2013 to the today of 2020, ReLife was an amazing read.

Thank you, Author-sensei.

Dex-chan lover
If you want to recommend a manga to a complete normie, this is the best choice for him/her to start

So after reading this I feel this is very overrated and doesn't deserve a 9.3 rating.

The drama is very cliche and doesnt work well with the light-hearted moments/comedy moments

Very typical scenario where the MC solves his friends problems who all have clear cut issues like the one who doesn't now how to act like a normal human being and the one who has an inferiority complex etc

Comedy moments are not very funny and feels too shoujo. MC acts like shoujo character, in fact majority of this reads like a shoujo definitely doesn't feel likeI'm reading a sienen.

Some of the dialogue is extremely cringe like 'she looks so cute good thing theres no old man around'

Users who are viewing this thread