ReLIFE

What a great reread after directly following the serialization, the slow pace was excruciating to follow with but binging it made the whole experience way better.

The plot holes are insane but the whole message within this manga was conveyed through. I'm glad I read this for the second time.

Group Leader
Okay, this was an amazing read with a satisfying ending.

- Romance is absolutely decent with proper payoff and both cute and some emotional moments towards its peak.
- Drama is pretty well done without getting into hamfisted, tryhard melodrama bullshit territory, which is were a lot of these kinda series end up at whenever a newly popular author tries to make their series more "mature", whatever that means. <_<
- Actual character growth even among the secondary cast.

Only nitpick I could think of right now is that I really would have liked an extended epilogue.
Or maybe even a sequel? Oh well, maybe some day...

Regardless of whether or not the author is ever going to revisit this setting, I can honestly say I really enjoyed this series and am actually quite satisfied.

Has the tech to erase memories and undiscoverable 24/7 surveillance methods and uses it for rehabilitating neets? (x) doubt. That's a dystopia right there in the making.

That said, the story was decent, too much filler relating to secondary characters and lacks a proper epilogue but I liked the relationship component. A solid 6.5 star read, maybe a 7.

Contributor
This story is very popular, it will get a LN adaptation with 2 tomes, enjoy !

relife-novel-1-jp.jpg
relife-novel-2-jp.jpg

Also, at the end of each tome of the manga, we have one bonus chapter who is NOT translated here, since it was TL from the raws/website.
And some of these bonus chapters are actually really interesting, and explain some things better, like the relationship with The athletic girl and her 2 friends in the end of the T10
The mean guy like the girl, the girl like (??) the tall guy, the tall guy like...the older sister of the mean guy since childhoold
, Hishiro character Dev in T9 and 11 and some others too.

The manga will probably get a exclusive epilogue chapter, hope to see them married.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't know why people declare this a masterpiece. The main conflict of losing memories is incredibly contrived and resolved itself in one chapter.

The fluff and sentiment is good I guess. I can't really get over the contrived conflict plus the wiretapping stuff. Seems like a writing shortcut.

Haha of course it’s contrived and fluffy and sentimental... Yayoi’s so far are kind of dreamlike. Just emotional dream rides that don’t hold up when you try to inspect it, but you keep wanting it to continue.

Dex-chan lover
Some spoiler about chapter ending for pointing out ending issues

@f0xhunt
For ending issues
TBF, considering the ability and talents of them, there's no other place for them to be together except re-life departement. If the we want to make "better" story, then we need another subject that will brought another year. Too much stall.

Other option is to not adress the losing memories issues and let them forget everything, which-in my opinion-worse than adressing it in 1 chapter.

For wiretap one
If you become a scientific experimental subject that relate to your daily life, you (with your concent) will be monitored somehow. Especially for the sake of the reports and within limit. I don't think that's a problem, no?

Power Uploader
Ca aurait été un chef d oeuvre si ils avaient renoué les liens avec leur amis étudiants et accepté tel qu' ils sont. Dommage mais l histoire est vraiment plaisante

@f0xhunt I mean, would you really have wanted to read about infodumps about how the small intricacies work in a manga that's just supposed to be an uplifting school life romance? The main point of the manga that the author was trying to convey was to treasure the present and to not be dragged down by your past which I thought was a pretty nice message. I don't think that explaining a lot about it would have been beneficial to the manga in any way. The way they remembered each other was pretty good too, though I would have personally wanted it to be a chapter longer with them repeating more incidences before remembering each other.

@Ironclad Wow someone completely missed the point of the manga. I'm not sure how you wanted him to be vindicated considering he wasn't really suspected of anything he didn't do?? Or did you mean like revenge? That would be absolutely trash plot missing the point of the manga entirely. In the first place, revenge is just quick self-satisfaction, and it's common to feel empty after executing it. It was better for him to be able to forgive himself and move on. Also, it would be mega trash if he started developing a harem or romance with the teacher, at that point it would just be a garbage self-insert fantasy like typical isekai.

Dex-chan lover
@Juslin It's already a "garbage self-insert fantasy." Who said anything about revenge? I think the whole premise of "forgiving himself" is flawed. He had a terrible job for a terrible company and he spoke out against it which is treated as a mistake. Everything about the story indicates he's the problem and there's only a wetblanket scene where his kouhai say they respect him for quitting with no follow up. It's all skated around because
he gets employed by the fantastical ReLIFE company
in the end. How did ReLIFE prepare him for the same kind of harassment happening again? It didn't. It's treating the symptoms not the problem.
Rather than helping ReLIFE candidates, why not stop the horrible office politics creating ReLIFE candidates?
It just created a ridiculous scenario where you wouldn't expect him to see the same tragedy again. At best it taught him how to manage workplace politics in a more simplistic environment of high school life, but that would only work if he ended up
in a regular company where he can apply what he learned about his classmates worries and insecurities to his colleagues. Or maybe he could get a teaching degree, and instill in his students that black companies are a nightmare so either become tough as nails or learn to keep your head down.
The ending we get is the equivalent of a prince on a white horse whisking him away from all his troubles.

Double-page supporter
This is a piece of shit, lol.
I'm not typically one to judge others for the kind of media they enjoy, but for something as acclaimed as this it's really shameful of those who can't see the flaws.
It feels like the author wanted to tell 2 distinct stories and just clumsily mashed them together. As an example, they try to pass kaizaki as a "Neet who has given up on the world" when the story starts with him going to a job interview and socializing with friends.

If it had tried to be an empty feel-good highschool SoL, it would probably have worked. If it had tried to be a social-commentary type-thing about adolescence and friendship or whatever it might, and i do say might have worked. But as it stands the incessant Virvolting of narrative and thematic focus makes it a chore to get through.

low 6 to medium 5 out of 10, tho i would have to bother finishing it before rendering full judgement

those littel whatsapp or whatever messages the tranlator sometimes put at the end are so great
10/10

this ended exactly the way that i wanted it to end and im so happy ab it
(with Kaizaki and Hishiro still forgetting each other but ending up at the same job causing them to fall in love again)

Quite a nice read and even made me tear up but the feels when you reach the last chapter and there is the ,,next chapter" button

Still the best thing which i have ever read. This was my first (I was into ecchi shit, but it came across from some lucky ad). It's very very good, read it folks.

Double-page supporter
The volume cover appears to have a spoiler, doesn't it? Can't be helped. I could also just be wrong.

edit: no I was totally right

Users who are viewing this thread