Remake Our Life!

@calmbreez
at the moment he's just gathering love interests, but it seems like classic type of "first met is my choice"
. There is some romance and probably will be even more later, but it's not focusing strictly on it.

Group Leader
@serialprocrastinator The 10.1 chapter is currently waiting for approval because its the first time I'm uploading to this site(after that its instant), My 2man team is picking this up so no worries!(no native proofreader yet though)

Currently the raws are split into ??.1 & ??.2 so maybe each week we will upload 2 halfs. (maybe more or less depending on how busy life is)

The premise seemed interesting but once he moved in I was hoping, hard, out loud, that it didn't do the extremely convenient and contrived trope of "everyone important to the story coincidentally lives together." And then, just a few pages later, there was a girl sleeping next to him, showing off her chest. It's not just that it's unnecessary. It's just that it reminds me I'm reading a manga, just like every other manga, and no attempt will be made by the author to give the story a sense of "things that could actually happen (if you got to go back in time and redo your life)." There's nothing wrong with fanservice, but when it's through events that just don't make any sense to have happen, it pulls you out.

After the second or third instance of "girl punches guy she barely knows for little to no reason," the sense of 90s/00s anime tropes became too strong for me to continue. I might be nostalgic for the the optimism I've lost since university, but I'm definitely not pining for those days when you couldn't find any series in English better than Love Hina or Tenchi Muyo.

There's plenty of manga I just don't like, but fewer that seem competently done and with a good premise, yet still disappoint.

Hmm - never noticed the harem tag because, while it's a bunch of girls around MC, it's also another guy and it's not really focusing on romance (right now) lol. Colour me intrigued.

Plus cover girl is a redhead 👀 I can't say no to that - unless either art is terrible to me, or she has some god-awful personality.

I dont understand a thing but everytime it makes me think of feel like a professional.

Double-page supporter
"I'm gonna make an opinion"
"No, don't do it. It's the internet"
"Screw it, as long as it's not a twitter thread; what could possibly go wrong?"

(Do keep in mind, that most if not all of the statements made are based off of my opinion. Your opinion may differ slightly or even by a lot when compared to mine, but nonetheless I respect your opinion and I would be grateful to know that you also respect mine. Now, without further ado...)

Due to the website's description of this manga, I shall use it as the only spoiler for now.

The "Back to the past" manga tropes are an interesting sub-genre that does catch my eye once in a while, where a Main Character (somehow) gets mind-transferred into the younger version of themselves in which case it usually either means that they have a regret/mistake they want to remove/fix thus leading to said events taking place or it's that about one hentai I've watched about a guy who raped his (elementary school (I think)) bully and her mom (A pretty nice hentai if you wanna fap to either a milf or a loli).

The story of this manga is about a guy who is really into the show-making/directing industry since his early teenage days yet he still has that exact same dream up till his late 20's at which point he got pulled back into his late teenage years where he gets into the uni where he had always dreamed of going to back then, the plot twist here is that in his original timeline; he didn't get into said uni but in this timeline, he actually did so whilst still retaining the memories of his original timeline (experience cheat).

The premise based of the story is interesting and is executed quite well compared to the ones I've read that has the same sub-genre of this kind of time travel and I'm also surprised to find see some proper character development once in a while which is quite a breeze to read. The cast of characters are also quite delightful with some slight twist and turns based off of some classic tropes just to make them stand out just a little better for their individual personalities; so far, none of the characters have shown to have a one-sided/toxic view towards one another due to the premise (everyone in that uni wants to be a successful in their roles for the future of their individual show-making standards) and I'm quite fond of that little detail.

As stories tend to go on, they will always show their bad sides no matter how much of a masterpiece said stories have been. The logic behind how the cast meets up is just such a boring way to move the story forward, stripping away the early feel of realism or being relatable; the genres that got placed for this site seems to have been misplaced because apparently just because there are more than 2 female characters in the story it counts as a "harem"? (Like, I can get by the romance genre due to it having potential but there are no excuses for placing the "harem" tag onto a story that doesn't even focus on the romance tag in the first place, ffs this will always be a pet peeve of mine).

The overusage of already overused tropes like "not knowing when to lock a bathroom door" or "intentionally harming the MC physically due to your own mistake" and such are just such turnoffs cause I honestly don't remember any kind of series that's managed those tropes properly except for shows like Konosuba or Ishuzoku Reviewers that rely heavily on their comedy genre rather than their actual plot/storyline. The usage of such tropes for series like this manga are such a waste; even if it was meant to be a breather for its reliant on delivering heavy plot/arc focused dialogue to further tell its story, it could've just used some kind of friendly bonding montage for it instead of using one of the cheapest ways possible.

Thus the conclusion in which I end my review is: "Good, definitely more than decent, but could've done better with some minor tweaks to its 'mistakes'."
I hope you have a nice day/evening for anyone who somehow ends up reading this pseudo-essay up till the end, I hope you have a nice time reading this manga

Double-page supporter
@sero_in_hiragana I've forgotten it myself, though I do at least remember the plot and most of the scenes from it. You can literally just search up a mix of milf, shota, loli, and gyaru into hanime's tag filter and you should be able to find it pretty quickly due to it being one of the most trending/popular series on hanime's site. Good luck, and I hope you get a good fap

Users who are viewing this thread