Remarried Empress - Ch. 16

Oh my god! There is limit to stupidity! How the hell that idiot still has the crown?

I know he’s being emotionally manipulated and all but...I feel like the Emperor still treats Rashta like a possession. He feels like he owns her, and that’s the only reason why I think he protects her. He thinks her life revolves around him, and that’s one of the main reasons why he wants her.

In short, he’s trash, and clearly not cut out to rule. I honestly blame him more than Rashta. He literally has all the power.

Navier: Clearly states that she isn't involved, isn't an outlet for his frustration. Expects to be treated like an equal if not a partner.
Souvishu(sp): Argleblargle!
Welp, communication has totally broken down in that relationship. Time to end it.

Double-page supporter
Can this man be any stupider? I can't take it anymore.... how much longer till they divorce?

Dex-chan lover
Heinley is so adorable, i love him. i'm also glad that the Empress's ladies-in-waiting are loyal (so far)

I've read the translations of the novel and these early chapters really made my blood boil

makes me think of Amy March when she told Laurie, "I will be respected if I couldn't be loved." Damn I wish shoveyourshoe remembers that he loved her first this time

Umm...
Rashta's really done nothing to be hated so much. She's just been stupid, but that's not her fault, seeing as she is an illiterate slave likely suffering from cognitive impairment due to malnutrition.
The only person who has
[ol]1. Abused his authority as prince despite never adhering to the responsibilities of the position,
2. Disrespected the royal authority of the Empress who is meant to have the same standing as he,
3. Carried out a sentence without trial for an offense that didn't exist,
4. Expected tasks to be carried out by someone else without expressly delegating them or even expressing his will of said tasks to be carried out,
5. Broken his years-long friendship over a boner on the road,
6. Failed to provide Rashta with an adequate education before introducing her into polite society
7. Spread false rumours and made leaping assumptions about his childhood friend whom he's known for years acting passionately out of jealousy, a behaviour clearly misaligned with her cool and unemotional demeanor,
8. Demanded Navia be, punished her for not being, and rewarded Rashta for being, a quiet, obedient wife who does things as she is told and never argues or doubts her husband.[/ol]

is Soviesch/Sovieshu

edit: formatting

@Khrysaor
yes soveishu is trash and should be hated, but that doesn't mean rashta is innocent. yes she's a runaway slave that wants to have a better life, but that doesn't excuse her lying, manipulations and being rude to the empress. the main reason everyone hates her is because she's a homewrecker; a fact that she continuously rubs that in the empress' face. but because in this story the emperor can have concubines, I'll ignore that reason for now 🙄

her being 'stupid' and doing dumb things is definitely her fault, as she's consciously made the decisions to disrespect the empress. she calls her sister and even thinks that shes on the same level as the empress despite her being a CONCUBINE. she's aware that the emperor will always take her side, and always uses it to her advantage to make the empress look worse (ie: she always cries when talking to the empress ).

she also purposely lied to heinley that she and her servant were the ones writing letters to him, even though she KNEW it was the empress. why did she do that? who knows. she did it just because, and that's a terrible thing to do

so yeah, the emperor is trash but so is rashta. the emperor more so, but still they're both trash.

@dani1234

It's not that I don't understand this, but all I'm saying is that the author hasn't yet explained how much of what she has done is because she's uneducated or whether she's actually been manipulative at all. And I'm saying that it's not ok to blame people for being uneducated when they have never been given the chance to become educated. She's illiterate and all she's ever been is basically a sex slave. Until the author decides to demonise her further and keeps treating her as kind of a random, unpredictable element to propel the dysfunctionality of Sovieshu and Navier's relationship, I'll still be saying: we're yet to see her do anything wrong.

Dex-chan lover
Ok she was clearly manipulative, just because a person doesn't know she/he was manipulating someone doesn't that men that person is innocent, and she was also clearly manipulating the lady (idk her name was) to lie to the prince and say it's ok for her to lie, it was just a joke she was clearly in the wrong @Khrysaor.

Users who are viewing this thread