Renai Daikou - Ch. 1 - Coward

Dex-chan lover
Lol, either the author or the translator didn't know any swedish :D
"lidt"? Sounds like a portmanteau of "lidl" (the store chain) and "lite" (the actual word in the intended phrase (though even then, the phrase is somewhat incomplete (shortened but in a way it sometimes is), and somewhat ill-fitting to the context (basically conveys "no problemo, you're welcome, feel free to request my aid again!" (the last part is sometimes meant more like "don't feel indebted", rather than extending future help (and this is before we even enter the territory of vapid courtesy, where it's used with little to no meaning at all, and absolutely doesn't mean a desire to help again or lack of debt (how many parentheses can I Inception, do you think?)))))) :p

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Interesting story, decent art too.

The only part I dislike is the hand-holding narration. It's like it's explaining "She is a woman. She has a hair" even though we can clearly see what's happening.

Group Leader
The best scanlation group. Missed you guys and your overly elaborate TL note pages.
Welcome back. Until this inevitably also gets licensed, of course.

Dex-chan lover
5miri draws romcom for Akasaka? What a timeline to live in! Though I hate the premise so much already. They try to pull it off again with half-japanese...

Also, there was a plot with 2 love-proxies...in oglaf

Dex-chan lover
No matter how wholesome this started off, you won’t fool me again aka-sensei

Lol, either the author or the translator didn't know any swedish :D
"lidt"? Sounds like a portmanteau of "lidl" (the store chain) and "lite" (the actual word in the intended phrase (though even then, the phrase is somewhat incomplete (shortened but in a way it sometimes is), and somewhat ill-fitting to the context (basically conveys "no problemo, you're welcome, feel free to request my aid again!" (the last part is sometimes meant more like "don't feel indebted", rather than extending future help (and this is before we even enter the territory of vapid courtesy, where it's used with little to no meaning at all, and absolutely doesn't mean a desire to help again or lack of debt (how many parentheses can I Inception, do you think?)))))) :p
I agree. It sounded more danish with "lidt". But I think the phrase "Det var så lite" still sounds complete though imo?

Dex-chan lover
fox and Tanuki both have the same ability to shapeshifting and cunning personality in Japanese folklore. that's why people usually place them both at the same place. the difference would be their social standing as Tanuki usually a scrub compared to nine tails (high tier yokai).

Dex-chan lover
Nah, I ain't falling for it again, Akasaka-san. I already made a fool of myself thinking Oshi no Ko would be a Slice of Life manga when the first chapters were releasing. Also, I think Aka is trying to tell how the new generation is dependent on technology to the point that it's unhealthy and I believe he would explore this theme in more depth in this manga. Looking forward to it.

Btw, I really missed your scanlations, guys. I hope you guys keep TLing this one.

Dex-chan lover
I've been waiting for a love agent manga, doe I didn't expect that they'll be relying on tech so much that they're okay with having they're whole personal information shown ☠️

But I love the fact that the fox actually says facts instead of your averages romcom boys info where "guys like revealing clothes" or "guys like makeup" and stuff

Users who are viewing this thread