Rent-A-Girlfriend

You would think that the author would stop dragging the plot into the ground but he surpasses all of our expectations into creating scenes where the character should finally confess then a random incident like a fucking waiter comes in and blows that all away.

He did it. He didn’t get it all the way out but Mizuhara definitely received the message. No matter what way you look at it, this is major progress for the story (all things considered). I saw two more arcs probably. One to deal with Ruka and Mami and the other to seal the deal. They might even be combined into one. But he didn’t chicken out this time. Good job Kazuya.

Dear author, please stop cockblocking the MC every single time there's hope for progression. He got interrupted twice in a single chapter. He took 174 chapters to man up and confess and you cockblock him twice? Have some mercy on the poor guy.

@deedoublejj

I’m thinking 3 to 4 arcs left. Maybe another 3 on top of that if the author really wants to keep it going. A mami arc, kazuya family arc (grandmother, family business and such), ruka, them finally getting together arc. There are a few subplot points that the arthur could turn into entire arcs though if he wanted lol.

The fact that the people who still read this (myself included) can be happy that 'that' was progress really just does prove how often there is no actual progress at all.

Ep. 174 No progress?? oh man, the readers are bored with the same pace, and Mami characterization is forgettable.

A complete disappointment. I was already wondering how would the author handle the cliffhanger to keep stalling, and it's the classic "third party interrupting the moment". Excelent art for the chapter (Overall I love the art of this manga), but zero creativity and pace is completely broken.

ah why, why did I expect to end, of course it's not it's a harem romcom, the confession is probably gonna come on chapter 1000 or something.

At least she heard what he had to say; that’s progress. But the plot and pacing are still garbage. The only thing good about this story is the art which is really, really good.

Users who are viewing this thread