Replica datte, Koi o Suru. - Ch. 36

Group Leader
Joined
May 14, 2026
Messages
172
Hi.

It kinda sucks that it ended here. We really feel like this could have gotten at least one more volume to do the contents for Volume 4, but I guess something happened behind the scene, and here we are.

We hope you enjoyed this series! Replico is one of (if not) our favorite Light Novel of all time, and we hope that you choose to continue reading this series through the novels. Only there will you know who’s Sunao’s boyfriend is.

Volume 7 will be out on October 27th. We’ll see you for probably the last time then.

All of our recommendations on the bonus pages can be found here for easier access:
Thanks for reading!
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jan 20, 2025
Messages
10,435
Damn mannnn.... this ending made me so sad. Even though their original selves are happy ending, but still....... akgghghhh :meguuusad: :qq: Is the manga really just ending like this?? Where is the timeskip scene of them getting married and having kids? DAMN YOU AXE-KUN !! :notlikethis:

cry-a-lot-meme-2.jpg

thank you for translation this series until end guys :salute::thumbsup:
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Aug 27, 2018
Messages
4,891
Reading this & watching the anime adaptation really made love this story. They both had different things for the ending but like always, the light novel will usually trump them all. Definitely going to check it out & both Nao & Sunao deserve to be happy. Thanks for translating this to completion.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Oct 14, 2023
Messages
166
What the fuck bro

All in all...i honestly have no idea how to feel. It's so...abrupt. There should be more ways to explore the world or even relationships but holy camole it just doesn't.

I wish there are more is all. It's just one of the mangas of all time for me rn.
 
Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Apr 3, 2024
Messages
2,257
Reading this & watching the anime adaptation really made love this story. They both had different things for the ending but like always, the light novel will usually trump them all. Definitely going to check it out & both Nao & Sunao deserve to be happy. Thanks for translating this to completion.
I had been meaning to read this for a while and now it ended, I don't think I will read the LN, I wonder if I should stick with the anime if is better paced and still covers the whole story.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jul 24, 2018
Messages
617
  • >sends you to the shadow realm for the entire year, denying you education and being with your close ones
  • >tells you she doesn't need you and ain't telling you shit
  • >sweep it under the rag like nothing happened
Wtf am I reading? Did I speedread too much?

Basically she realized that her clone should get a chance to live and is letting her go out and be herself. She is formally "dismissing" her from her service so to speak.

Its just that she initially said it in the most dickish way possible
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Aug 24, 2025
Messages
76
Can't believe this series has to end now after I've been following it for a year. It was some of my first mangas, so it really left a huge impression on me... Man I really need LN translation asap I really wanna see more of them againnnnn

Also thanks a lot for the translation!!!

Also again, I just realized that y'all translated the volumes' bonus too, so some more content for me for the next few minutes yippee
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
581
I had been meaning to read this for a while and now it ended, I don't think I will read the LN, I wonder if I should stick with the anime if is better paced and still covers the whole story.
The anime doesn't cover the whole story. In fact, it's more incomplete than the manga. At least with the manga you get the ending as it was meant to be. In the anime, the ending is just open and you don't really get what happened.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
581
That was a flop of an ending. Them remaining separate sort of ruins the theme. and if they were going to be separate I figured they'd have kept on as sisters.

It doesn't ruin the theme at all. The theme was about being independent. About not needing an emotional crutch. And that applied to both, Nao and Sunao. Merging would be an easy way out. It would be a silver bullet that allows them to get better without making any effort. But there's no silver bullets in life. If you want to overcome your issues, you've gotta make the effort to get better. That's why they didn't merge. That would have ruined the theme.
 

MrQ

Fed-Kun's army
Joined
Apr 21, 2026
Messages
15
Ah shucks, it's such a bummer this couldn't get even one more volume. I think most of Book 4 could be cut without issue, but the end of the Christmas outing was really important for Nao's arc and you can definitely feel its loss in the manga version.

Nevertheless, this manga was beautifully written and drawn (I feel a lot of the anime's big moments like Sunao confronting Nao in Ep2, Nao threatening Hayase, and Aki's confession were all drawn way better in the manga) and it convinced me to buy light novels for the very first time, which I guess was their intention, haha.

Speaking of which, as someone who's caught up with the English light novels, I agree that they're definitely worth buying and reading! Like the translators said, just get Book 4 and start from there since the manga had been a very faithful adaptation up until then. I can't wait for Book 5 next month and the final Book 6 whenever that comes out!

In the end, I'd still rank this series in my top 10 manga of all time- it's so rare to find such an emotionally compelling series that doesn't drown itself in tragedy or miscommunications, one that focuses so much on the importance of "living" as Nao cherishes every moment she gets to exist and every tiny detail of being alive.

And one of the details that initially sold me on this series- Nao and Aki so casually being in love without any forced drama to make them fight. They just love each other and love spending time with each other, and that love inspires both of them to be better and be braver- to live and stand up for themselves so the other won't be sad. That's the purest kind of love I want to see in way more stories.

I might come back to this thread in the far future with a review and thoughts on the last few light novels, just to let anyone know how this series truly ends, and also in the hopes that someone will share their thoughts as well. But for now, this is goodbye!

Thanks so much to the translators, Hanada, and Harunadon for delivering such a great series to us all!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top