Report for spoiler cover got refused

I'm writing to seek clarification regarding a report I submitted recently, which got refused.
I recently reported ase to sekken because it violate rule 2.3.3.2 because the cover has major spoilers.
Use a cover image of a later volume, unless it either doesn't represent the overall art style and theme of the comic, or has major spoilers.
My report detail:
2.3.3.2 cover contain major spoiler of the ending. use previous volumn cover instead.
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71JNRv15x+L._SL1416_.jpg

Custom title
Staff
Developer
There's a very large emphasis on the "major" part. I don't think to date we've seen a cover that would violate it.

There's a very large emphasis on the "major" part. I don't think to date we've seen a cover that would violate it.
So you guy not considered the example I mention as "major" ? if you don't ever see cover that violate it, you might as well remove that rule then.

Most romance manga covers usually have main couple acting cute,sad (without context) together but this one show the wedding scene which most romance manga doesn't go that far or if they do, they don't out right showing it. i think this is "major" enough.

another example

What about changing cover based on chapter that you read? is that too hard for staff to implement?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So you guy not considered the example I mention as "major" ? if you don't ever see cover that violate it, you might as well remove that rule then.

Most romance manga covers usually have main couple acting cute,sad (without context) together but this one show the wedding scene which most romance manga doesn't go that far or if they do, they don't out right showing it. i think this is "major" enough.

another example

What about changing cover based on chapter that you read? is that too hard for staff to implement?
bro md staff are also people who have a life . i advice you to go through the forums and discord before screaming at them:nyoron:

Group Leader
I'm writing to seek clarification regarding a report I submitted recently, which got refused.
I recently reported ase to sekken because it violate rule 2.3.3.2 because the cover has major spoilers.

My report detail:
That rule refers to uploading a spoiler-ish official volume cover of a still in-publication series before any fan translations get to that point. Since the series was completely translated in English over 2 years ago it's long past the point it would be considered a spoiler.

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
That rule refers to uploading a spoiler-ish official volume cover of a still in-publication series before any fan translations get to that point. Since the series was completely translated in English over 2 years ago it's long past the point it would be considered a spoiler.
:kek: No, if a cover exists it can be uploaded, and literally no point in not doing so since if a cover actually is in conflict with that rule then the feature to manually set another cover as main exists..

But anyway.. eventually there will be the option for each user to make it show either the first or the latest cover which'll solve this, no ETA though.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
The status of scanlations for a title has absolutely no bearing on what covers should be uploaded.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Well the report got apparently refused so clearly we don't consider it major. It's not exactly a surprise twist or anything that a romantic pair that's in every cover shows up dressed for a wedding in the last one, regardless of whether most romance manga do that. Show me the equivalent of Sephiroth killing Aerith and I'd consider it.

As for removing the rule, I believe I did consider it the last time we did the major rule revision for that reason exactly, yeah, but I figured it's fine as it is. Better to have it just in case than not.

(You probably won't find one because the manga publishers know just as well that you probably shouldn't have huge spoilers right there on the cover, so it just doesn't really happen.)

Well, it's not necessarily easy, no, but priorities are a bigger hurdle there.

Users who are viewing this thread