Rettou Gan no Tensei Majutsushi ~ Shiitagerareta Moto Yuusha wa Mirai no Sekai o Yoyuu de Ikinuku ~ - Vol. 6 Ch. 38

@TNT261

That's my guess. A mixture of admiration at beating him so soundly and spite to force him to stand out. After all the more people target him for various reasons the more likely he has to do more magic or act out which gives Emmerson his chance to study him.....though he needs to find someone or something able to spy without getting obliterated which will be probably impossible.

Dex-chan lover
@flannan @Nakanowatari
I was wondering if someone would mention "Electric". And nice input, Flannan.
Regarding my point about "Magic", @grueneraffe said it very well, but I wasn't just thinking about novelty and marketing. I was also thinking about how abstract the word Magic is by definition.
An electric-motor is unlike a diesel-motor. But by definition, a "magic motor" does not describe anything about how the motor may even function, other than: "it uses magic." But what is magic? It describes miracle-like phenomena made via ritual, incantation, etc. That's like saying that Physics is the study of world's mechanics, and not only do you not have just 1 department in Physics that explains everything, you'll never see a "Physics Engine", unless it's for games.
Further more, if you wanted to compare the adjective Electric with "Magical", it'd make more sense to switch out to Mana or Qi, which actually do describe a tangible resource that can be exploited. A "Mana Engine" can actually reveal the mechanics, the physics, behind how one would use this existing element in their world to generate movement ---- but "Magic Engine"? That tells you nothing.

Do you now get why I said that it's a dumb prefix? It adds nothing, and it's lazy. But honestly, that's exactly what I expect from these sort of stories. Didn't really think I'd write that much in here. :x

Dex-chan lover
Abel tried to troll Emerson, but he got 500,000 troll points instead.

Dex-chan lover
Since some people still getting it wrong, here’s how the score work:

The number of the test is 5, with 100 as a perfect score for each test, with a total of 500. Our MC is planning to get 80% score for the test, but the last test come with a difficult 30-score question. Mc want to avoid it, but doing so will ending up his score at 390 max, or about 78%, and he also had a feeling that particular question was a challenge to him. Since he answered it perfectly, his score is should be
(5 test x 80 score) = 400
Now the teacher is misusing his status as teacher to change the 30 score question to 500,000 score, so his final score is
(4 x 80) + (50 + 500,000) =500,370

Dex-chan lover
Dude, the clothers on the girl looks like she have her bra over the blouse

that's a weird design

@HayashidaYuki
That is one possible answer, though with the statement that "100 points wouldn't be enough", we could assume that mc has 370 through the other tests and was aiming for 80 on the last, bringing him to 450 and to the 4th spot of the ranking. Still quite high but with enough other people above him.

Well, it is just an assumption and both conclusions would be interested. Be it that he managed to get exactly 80 points in 5 tests or that he would have ended up in the top 5 despite holding back.

Dex-chan lover
@justSomeone
uhh no. There’s no assumption. That’s the only possible answer. Giving him a 100 for that question was also the teacher misusing his authority. It’s been made pretty clear from early that he’ll keep the 80% answer rate. The last test also confirmed it: it made him conflicted since not answering it will break all of his previous 80% answer rate, one of two reason why he decided to answer it.

hmm, i think there's a mistake on the scores.
MC score should be 500,320

4x80 =320
1x500,000=500,000
Total: 500,320

Emmerson said 100 is not enough, so it became 500k

4 x 80 should be 320, but why did he scored 370? Maybe it's a typo error from the author.

edit:
ok i get it now, his true score is 5x80=400
wtf, mc got 80 and still emmerson will give him 100 but also say it's not enough, so giving him 500k.

so basically mc score on Emmerson test, 20 mistake, 50 corect(norma), and 30 correct(special)
30points is equivalent to 500k, so he scored 500,050 on emmerson test

Users who are viewing this thread