Rettoujin no Maken Tsukai - Ch. 89

Dex-chan lover
Damn, this happened to my buddy eric

(It actually did, my friend ended up getting scammed into paying for rent of a place that three different people had bought)

Dex-chan lover
This scam seems really poorly arranged. Once 2 people buy the same house and find out, won't they ask authorities to get involved, and they'll get in trouble if they're still in town? And they have that property listed for a third sale. Would have thought they wouldn't operate in a fixed office, por at least use fake identity or disguise. Oh well

Mar

I think i've read it up to chapter 93 but, why are you re uploading this?

Dex-chan lover
yesh, how about sizing your opponent? these idiots are picking a fight with the local noble, the guild, the greatest alchemist of the region and a local hero.... HOW STUPID CAN THEY BE!!?

Aggregator gang
Old people clearly don't read manga. Doesn't he know little guys always beat big guys?

Wait, I'm old. I read manga. I'm a big guy who has never been hurt by a punch from a little guy. Hmm, could all of these mangakas be compensating?

Dex-chan lover
This scam seems really poorly arranged. Once 2 people buy the same house and find out, won't they ask authorities to get involved,..
Oh you dear gullible Moonchild....
The whole point of this type of scam is that "the authorities" are involved, up to a certain level...

And , very much Japanese ( or even, dare i say it, Asian in general.. The Japanese simple made it even more ritualistic and integrated than even the chinese..)..., you never Question The Authorities... Doing so is... Impolite.. A greater sin than straight-up murdering someone..
The only thing that comes close in Western society is maybe french bureaucracy, but they at least get curbed by the notion that La Guillotine can, and has been, de-mothballed pretty readily, and could be winking at them ..

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Oh you dear gullible Moonchild....
The whole point of this type of scam is that "the authorities" are involved, up to a certain level...

And , very much Japanese ( or even, dare i say it, Asian in general.. The Japanese simple made it even more ritualistic and integrated than even the chinese..)..., you never Question The Authorities... Doing so is... Impolite.. A greater sin than straight-up murdering someone..
The city lord himself is involved, as a victim, as this makes it look like the city lord gifted his precious chief butler's savior and the city's hero a property that was already sold to someone else. Since you are talking about East Asia, that means the city lord is losing face, which used to be worse than death in that part of the world. You don't mess with the city lord! You might mess with other people with a corrupt city lord's permission, but at his expense? Haha, no.

Users who are viewing this thread